Beginners and Beyond

On the Road Again SaturDAILIES (Read 34 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

4 miles, easy pace. Very nice breezy 64 degrees out there right now!

Knee feels good, abs are fairly good as well.

Y'all think I'm ready for a 15K next week?  Neither do I but I'm doing it anyway. Worst case - I can Galloway it!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Y'all think I'm ready for a 15K next week? 

Hopefully that is a rhetorical question.  lol

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

The hard part for me is to maintain a slow pace. A LOT slower than I ran this same 15K race last year. It's not the breathing so much as that all the other parts of my body are conspiring to keep me from running lately. Smile

Knee is still recovering, and my lower abs felt like someone was stabbing me last week. They're mostly healed up now, but they still give me a bit of "ouch" at the start of a run.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Yep, I was on the road again too today. One of those Daniel's LR/MP workouts. 16 miles done, 12 of which were at MP. 8:33 avg pace. I kinda jacked my right ankle on some hard snow. Hopefully it's nothing. I have a 5k in a week. Smile

- Andrew

LRB

16 miles done, 12 of which were at MP. 8:33 avg pace.

Very nice Drew!

You too Step!

Yugo18

It's wonderful to see that many of the Dailies peeps are finally able to return to running outside.  Here, I am glad I remembered to put on sunscreen today, because the good weather is pretty much over.  Slowly, into the furnace!

12.5 miles, and I really missed not getting thirsty during this run.  

outoftheblue

A lot of very nice double-digit running out there today!   LRB -- I'm with you on the peanut butter gels.  They are the only flavor I actually like.

6.8 miles done -- hamstring feels OK, so I'm trying to decide what kind of speed work to do at the track tomorrow to replace my missing 10K tune-up race.

Life is good.

LRB

6.8 miles done -- hamstring feels OK, so I'm trying to decide what kind of speed work to do at the track tomorrow to replace my missing 10K tune-up race.

A steady state run at marathon pace while not as demanding as a 10k race, is a run that will leave you feeling good about things.  Intervals of 1000 or 1200's at half marathon pace are also safe, even 10k pace if you think you are in the clear.

2 mile repeats at 10k pace is another popular workout, you could do two sets of those and feel good as well.  Or, you can play it safe and run easy and look to next week for quality work.

Good luck on whatever you decide!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 4. 

Damaris

LRB

I will be heading to my loop for speed work as I have not been to the track to see if it and a path to it is clear.

Believe it or not there is actually a track underneath all of that crap.  It has been snowbound since December!

LRB

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Yeah D!!

Dad on the run.

Hey Peeps! I'm calling it a RD! I've ran 10 days straight and that's something I just usually don't do. My achilles is bitching at me so I'm going to stay off of it today. I have a planned 10 miler tomorrow but we will see how that goes. I picked up some compression socks today from Academy. They were not super expensive so not sure of the quality but they feel really good on my calves.

Also it was a beautiful 68 degrees today and tomorrow will be about the same. I have a 5K next week that I hope to PR and again will be in the 60s next weekend as well. Has spring finally sprung? I sure hope so.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Will run for scenery.

Good job D!

I walked 4 on the TM plus cardio and some strength sruff.  AT still sucky, so no running.

Surprisingly, I was able to get my walking pace up to 12:30 by the end.  Sounds crazy, but treadmills don't lie....  Do they ?  (Don't answer that, unless the answer is No!)

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awesome job D!

I walked 2 miles today with Rocky, Dorian and my  mom. My mom hasn't done much of anything all winter, she was really out of breath on the hills, I felt sorry for her. She was a good sport about it, just before mile marker 1 I told her to go ahead and sit while Rocky, Dorian and I walked up to the mile marker and turned around.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)