Beginners and Beyond

Freezing TuesDAILIES (Read 47 times)

Coastal

I ran 4 tempo miles with the Beer Runners this evening. Probably our last run without headlamps.

I had ordered a new pair of Asics Nimbus, on sale. They arrived this afternoon. Turns out rumor was true, the 19s are narrower in the toe than the 18s and 17s.  I hate it when they change a model so it's unwearable. Since those were my long run shoe, I need to start over and find something wide and cushioned. (I also have bony feet.)

I had that happen with the Nimbus 16's, too.  Up through 15's they were fine.  Gave up on Asics after that.  I've heard that they've kept getting shallower in the forefoot.  Frustrating.

I ended up in Brooks Glycerin's and Ghosts, and Hoka Bondi 5's.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Why do you only have one bar of signal in Miami FFS? Your cell phone service provider should be fired!

LOL.  It still works like a charm with only one bar!  It's hilarious since AT&T is 1/2 mile away...

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

YES.

WTF, shoe companies???

This. So much this.

Damaris

Bert-o

I lost my rama

6 tonight on trails in my new funny looking Altras.  Dark by the last mile and no flashlight.... if you faceplant in the dark and don't see it, did it really happen?  Meandering dribble that goes through ones mind while running...

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Coastal

Got the Sprinter (Black Diamond). Not so bright, but relatively light weight, beam is wide enough, red light in the back so I'm seen, doesn't bounce around. I guess for trails I'd want brighter, but for city running, I'm happy.

Thanks.  I wanted to hear from an actual user of the new one before buying it.