Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #24 (Read 31 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Took the afternoon off work so I could run outside. 9 miles. We have a wedding/not really wedding to go to tomorrow, so won't have time to run since I will be sitting in the car driving around middle of nowhere PA all damn day. Couple lives near us, already got married at the county courthouse, but is having a "ceremony" plus receeption.

This afternoon's 5 miles brings me to 100.4 miles for January, I haven't seen 100 since October. Hopefully it keeps climbing, this week my damn adductors have been trying to seize up on me along with my hamstrings and my freaking calves have been so damn tight....  The first 2-3 miles are absolute hell, I've got another massage this coming Monday with trigger points and I'm praying that shit helps.

Good luck, I feel your pain

DavePNW

Dave - that would get depressing. I get SADD when there are three days of rain in a row. I wouldn't be happy living in the NW.

Well as wolvmar indicated, it’s not much different than the Detroit area where I moved from, in terms of rarely seeing the sun all winter. The difference is now I don’t get the cold and snow so much. Anyway, a lot of people get a UV light box to keep at their desk, and supposedly it helps a lot with SAD.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran my 6 in fog, rain, and 40F. No idea why but I ran them speedy fast. As in the last 3 miles were sorta faster than my last 5K, WTF. Not complaining, but...

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well as wolvmar indicated, it’s not much different than the Detroit area where I moved from, in terms of rarely seeing the sun all winter. The difference is now I don’t get the cold and snow so much. Anyway, a lot of people get a UV light box to keep at their desk, and supposedly it helps a lot with SAD.

I am glad we didn't move to Seattle (even though I would've loved it). Not seeing the sun all Winter would really make my husband go back to Miami. At least here we get sun every other day.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Blue, I know you don't get freaked out swimming with sharks. Would you ever want to swim with snakes (if you dove (? correct terminology?) in South America?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good luck, I feel your pain

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

Blue, I know you don't get freaked out swimming with sharks. Would you ever want to swim with snakes (if you dove (? correct terminology?) in South America?

Snakes don’t seem as appealing as sharks, somehow... not something I’d go out of my way to do!! But if they happen to show up, oh well?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog