Beginners and Beyond

TaDA TuesDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

Phew, I would have gotten creamed just now if I didn't look before crossing the street. So instead of sacrificing myself, it was car on car. Off to run 10 miles.

Scary stuff!

Hip Redux

Nope, of course I showered, then used paper towel to pat myself somewhat dry so I wasn't completely drenched.  Then, you just kind of air dry the rest of the way for the next 20 minutes or so.

My hair is such that I don't need a towel, but that might be a problem for others.

Men!  Roll eyes

What's funny is our paper towel dispensers are locked down and you can only get these little squares from the automatic sensor - just to get enough to dry my hands, I spend 5 minutes waving at the damn thing.  I seriously cracked up trying to figure how many times I'd have to get that thing to give me a paper towel to dry off after a shower. lol!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

Phew, I would have gotten creamed just now if I didn't look before crossing the street. So instead of sacrificing myself, it was car on car. Off to run 10 miles.

Wow. I'm glad you're okay.

Jess runs for bacon

What happened?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glad you're OK.  Those near misses makes you appreciate life all the more *shudder*.

Damaris

LRB

Glad you're OK.  Those near misses makes you appreciate life all the more *shudder*.

Near miss, or near hit?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Near hit, oops.

Near miss, or near hit?

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

I just spent forever peeling/cutting apples for apple crisp. It's finally in the oven. I am finally sitting down for the first time since I finished my run!

Robert31320

Team TJ

SRD for me.

miles and weights on tap Wednesday.

Running for TJ because he can't.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I just spent forever peeling/cutting apples for apple crisp. It's finally in the oven. I am finally sitting down for the first time since I finished my run!

I want some!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

B-Plus

Thanks guys. I was just waiting for the walk signal to cross a busy road. I started stepping while looking and was able to stop before the car who ran the red light sent me to Mars. I was just frozen and and shocked and all I could do is stare at the red light runner instead of trying to signal or yell at him to stop. Cars from the other side already started going and a van ran into the car who ran the red light. While it doesn't surprise me, it kind of bugs me that I was to only witness who hung around.

10 miles @ 7:41 w/ 8 strides. I even had to stop to direct a dumb tourist (in a car) who ended up on the separated bike line. I felt like I had to get her outta there before a cyclist showed up an unleashed on her lol. What a day as a pedestrian! It was also cool to see local 2:13 guy running in the park.

B-Plus

OMG, I just had the best apple ever today! It was a Jazz apple from NZ.

Jess runs for bacon

Thanks guys. I was just waiting for the walk signal to cross a busy road. I started stepping while looking and was able to stop before the car who ran the red light sent me to Mars. I was just frozen and and shocked and all I could do is stare at the red light runner instead of trying to signal or yell at him to stop. Cars from the other side already started going and a van ran into the car who ran the red light. While it doesn't surprise me, it kind of bugs me that I was to only witness who hung around.

10 miles @ 7:41 w/ 8 strides. I even had to stop to direct a dumb tourist (in a car) who ended up on the separated bike line. I felt like I had to get her outta there before a cyclist showed up an unleashed on her lol. What a day as a pedestrian! It was also cool to see local 2:13 guy running in the park.

Yikes! I always look before going, both while running and in the car. Always worth the extra second it takes. Glad you are ok!

Will run for scenery.

Walked 2, ran 3.  My peak workout of the week.

Actually, I had a FE with SheCan (Cherie,  IRL) who is visiting from Arizona.  We ran the weekly pub-based 5k run.  This taper cycle has been getting to me, so it was good to get out and and run (jog)  some.  After mile 2 or so, I didn't feel like such an out-of-shape, lazy, wheezing cripple.  Which is good.  After the run, I got a little bit of my carb loading started, liquid style.  Which is good.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!