Beginners and Beyond

All-Star MonDAILIES (Read 56 times)

LRB

lily I just got a huge order and cannot wait to get home and try all this crap on. 

These skimpy ass shorts have a slit up either side that would make Lola Falana proud! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's presently 86F with 73% humidity. No clue about dew point. I couldn't make it to 18 miles, I stopped at 15. Average pace was 8:15, including 10 miles between MP and HM. I'll try again the 18 LR on Saturday, even though I know I shouldn't, so close to race day. But if I don't, it will haunt me til the day I die.

Dewpoint can be calculated with these two variables.  And your dewpoint, mon cherie, was a fucking horrible 76.  No wonder you had such a tough time.  Your heat index, BTW, was 96F.  Welcome to Miami!

Damaris

Damaris, enjoy Pilates.

Phil, I hope that you have an awesome run.

Dave, excellent 8.2.

B-Plus, nice 9.3.

meaghansketch, I hope that you had a wonderful run this morning.

Shari, I'm glad that you were able to run.

Ouch, FreeSoul87, I hope that the pain is gone soon.

Andrew, terrific ten.

Zelanie, have amazing RDs.

Slymoon Runs, I'm glad that the results of your VDOT test were pleasant.

MothAudio, great run this AM. Enjoy doubling.

Jack K., sweet seven. Bravo on the core work and push-ups.

Rick, what did you do with the trainer?

scottydawg, looking at your temps is making me sweat.

Marjorie, I hope that you've been having a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Lily, 86F and 73% humidity? Yikes! How did you manage fifteen in that?

After work, I did 6.20 miles on the TM in 1:00:35. 9:47 pace. I kept it steady at 6.1mph (9:49) until 54:00, after which I increased the speed by .1mph every minute. I started doing ab work and push-ups again yesterday. I also started cleaning my diet. I'll be going to a wedding on the twenty-ninth and will be wearing a slinky, swishy silk skirt. Nevermind that I also want to slim down for MCM training and the MCM itself.

happylily

Dewpoint can be calculated with these two variables.  And your dewpoint, mon cherie, was a fucking horrible 76.  No wonder you had such a tough time.  Your heat index, BTW, was 96F.  Welcome to Miami!

That's why I feel nauseous now and am not hungry. I felt my heart working like crazy, even at easy pace. That weather of yours must kill a lot of old people. All those retirees from all over North America go to die of cardiac arrest in the heat of Florida. 

Rick, maybe the shorts aren't so bad on you. We need a few pictures from all angles to help you assess the situation. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Basya, new fancy clothes are always a good motivators for eating cleaner and toning up a little. Your outfit for the wedding sounds nice! Good luck!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good evening, Dailies!

Rest day for me today. That's two rest days in a row, which will likely be my pattern over the next couple of weeks. Maybe all the way up until the knee surgery. I'm treading a fine line here between trying to maintain some cardio fitness by running and nursing the knee so as not to do any more damage to the cartilage. So far, keeping an easy pace and relatively low mileage seems to work.

I'm staying away from the ibuprofen and listening to my body.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Rick, maybe the shorts aren't so bad on you. We need a few pictures from all angles to help you assess the situation. 

Emphasis on ass 'cuz that's all I see. 

It's some more of the Frank Shorter gear from National Running Center, it's some really light and airy stuff and therefore timely what with the season change and all.

It's just that I have worn underwear that had more fabric than this.  lol

Hip Redux

Good evening, Dailies!

Rest day for me today. That's two rest days in a row, which will likely be my pattern over the next couple of weeks. Maybe all the way up until the knee surgery. I'm treading a fine line here between trying to maintain some cardio fitness by running and nursing the knee so as not to do any more damage to the cartilage. So far, keeping an easy pace and relatively low mileage seems to work.

Once I got the diagnosis, I found it was really hard to run through the pain.   (not to mention, the pain was getting worse)   I found that if I thought it was "just" tendonitis, I could ignore it but something clicked once I realized I'd done real damage to myself lol     I ended up on the bike and elliptical a lot since they were both mostly painfree.

Just listen to yourself and don't push it if it doesn't feel right.

Hip Redux

It's just that I have worn underwear that had more fabric than this.  lol

LOL

Are you just sitting around in your running shorts?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's why I feel nauseous now and am not hungry. I felt my heart working like crazy, even at easy pace. That weather of yours must kill a lot of old people. All those retirees from all over North America go to die of cardiac arrest in the heat of Florida

We might kill them but only because they drive very slow! 

Damaris

LRB

Rick, what did you do with the trainer?

I hired Nicole to work with me on my core strength using a contraption called the red cord, which sits above a table and is similar to a TRX.  She is also giving me flexibility and overall body strength tips.

I chose her because of her vast experience with runners from speed demons to ultra marathoners, so she has pretty much seen it all and thinks she can help me.

Today she told me that I have the breathe like a goldfish, and I could see an increase in times across all race distances if I was simply willing to work on my breathing.

While somewhere LTH is rolling his eyes...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good evening, Dailies!

I was at a similar junction before my surgery (not the knee) and ended up using the bike a lot.  I would just try something like that that won't hurt you more and kill that cardiovascular's ass.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, I had my Pilates class.  That woman is trying to kill me.

Damaris

LRB

Are you just sitting around in your running shorts?

Why yes, yes I am.  How in the hell did ya know?

I gotta make sure nothing cuts before I get out on the road in these bad boys and get chased by a car full of angry dudes.

LRB

As long as I can begin my marathon training by June 23, all is good.

FreeSoul is running a marathon?  Aw shit! 

See what bad associations will do for you?  You could be a doctor, teacher or executive of a company but instead you wanna be a marathoner!