Beginners and Beyond

What day is it DAILIES? (Read 44 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm just ready for shorts weather, kind of tired of putting on so much clothing just for runs.... but such is life Smile

Also, when it gets warmer I'll be able to do my cross training activities - walking with Dorian, rollerblading with Dorian, hiking with Dorian.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It was 47 degrees when I ran this morning.  Now it's noon and we are down in the 30s, fun, and the rain is just starting to spit at us.  Usually if the roads freeze over then the whole city - except for 'mission essential' places like police department, fire dept, hospitals, etc - pretty much shuts down and everything closes for the day.  Probably a good thing cuz South Texans are TERRIBLE bad-weather drivers.   It's supposed to start tonite and last through all day tomorrow - our high for tomorrow will only be 29! - and then by Saturday morning we are back in the 40s, and will get to near 70 again on Saturday afternoon.  Crazy weather.

Great running for you, Zelanie!

Good luck to your daughter, Andrew, with the doctor appointment, hope it all gets figured out.

Dang, Step, 30 below zero wind chills!   That's awful!  I wouldn't even leave the house!   Where the heck do you live, near Canada?

Wow, FreeSoul, compared to Step's windchill temps, you got a heat wave going!   Hope you and Rocky have a nice outing tomorrow.  Stay safe!

Happy 5 miles and soccer game, Ric!

Enjoy the gym time, Kristin.  Nice to get out of work unexpectedly early.

Congrats on the 6 miles, Yugo....or good luck with them if you haven't done them yet.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Found out before bed last night that I have a lot of cancelations at my afternoon job and will finish at 5:45 instead of 8:00 so I decided to go to the gym tonight instead of this morning. 1.5-2 miles and strength on the agenda.

Glad to see you back at it!

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I'm just ready for shorts weather, kind of tired of putting on so much clothing just for runs.... but such is life Smile

Also, when it gets warmer I'll be able to do my cross training activities - walking with Dorian, rollerblading with Dorian, hiking with Dorian.

FreeSoul, you feel free to visit San Antonio any time you need a winter get-away.  And bring the shorts, you can wear them here! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

DavePNW

I HEREBY VOW TO LILY I WILL BE MORE CHEERFUL.

Had a glorious 7 mile run at lunchtime today, in exhilarating 9F/-5F windchill conditions! It was breathtaking! (Literally - I was having trouble breathing.)

The sun was shining! (Well part of the time. And I think it was the sun - I remember it as that thing in the sky bringing light & warmth...the light was there, but the other part was missing.)

The birds were singing! (Well, penguins maybe...do they sing? No they dance, from that one movie. Or they march, from that other movie. Anyway the penguins would have been enjoying themselves.)

And I checked - all my fingers & toes are still intact! So that's good!

Can't wait to do it again tomorrow!!

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, thanks.... Smile

FreeSoul, you feel free to visit San Antonio any time you need a winter get-away.  And bring the shorts, you can wear them here! 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

FreeSoul is describing Miami Winter weather.  You know, when it's less than 90F.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm a brat, but I am jealous of those who really don't have major season changes - the kind where summer is just slightly warmer than winter and winter isn't much colder than summer. Here summer is miserable, muggy and hot and sometimes no rain at all, but then winter can be extremely cold and icy, or really cold and rainy. I get used to summer and start enjoying running it, even in 90-100 degrees....... then BOOM! the very next day it's anywhere between 40-60 degrees.......... sometimes I wonder if this is damaging to my body   

FreeSoul is describing Miami Winter weather.  You know, when it's less than 90F.

PRs

happylily

Had a glorious 7 mile run at lunchtime today, in exhilarating 9F/-5F windchill conditions! It was breathtaking! (Literally - I was having trouble breathing.)

The sun was shining! (Well part of the time. And I think it was the sun - I remember it as that thing in the sky bringing light & warmth...the light was there, but the other part was missing.)

The birds were singing! (Well, penguins maybe...do they sing? No they dance, from that one movie. Or they march, from that other movie. Anyway the penguins would have been enjoying themselves.)

LOL...

You made me laugh, so I forgive you.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm a brat, but I am jealous of those who really don't have major season changes - the kind where summer is just slightly warmer than winter and winter isn't much colder than summer. Here summer is miserable, muggy and hot and sometimes no rain at all, but then winter can be extremely cold and icy, or really cold and rainy. I get used to summer and start enjoying running it, even in 90-100 degrees....... then BOOM! the very next day it's anywhere between 40-60 degrees.......... sometimes I wonder if this is damaging to my body   

Try running in 90-100F and 90-100% humidity for 11 months and then decide.  It fucking sucks for too long to even enjoy it unless I spend 15 hours at the pool or beach.  There is no run where I don't want to puke.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Pain in the ass.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pain in the ass.

But that is good, no?

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Then move if it is that bad.......... even if DH says no.

Try running in 90-100F and 90-100% humidity for 11 months and then decide.  It fucking sucks for too long to even enjoy it unless I spend 15 hours at the pool or beach.  There is no run where I don't want to puke.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Then move if it is that bad.......... even if DH says no.

We will, eventually.  But it is not easy unless I can find $50000 to be able to sell my house because that's what it is still under water for or pay $6000/month for two homes.  So, his offer must be solid.  And apparently, no snow, ha.

Damaris

DavePNW

Pain in the ass.

Jeez. Do I now have to get back in the good graces of Baboon? Bah, not worth it.

Dave