Beginners and Beyond

Your retirement (Read 174 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

April, you and I can be the owners.

My dream "career" is to have a large rescue center/ranch, hopefully if business keeps up the way it is I can have this dream by the time I am 40-50 years old. It's been my dream since I was a little girl in preschool, I'd like to start out first with cats and dogs, occasionally rabbits and other rodents, then move up to horses and other domestic animals, wild animals that were bought illegally or just bought as babies and then dumped when fully mature.  They wouldn't even need to find homes, I would be sure to have enough land and enough volunteers and help to take care of any that need to stay or can't find a home. That is my dream Cry

Another thing I would like to do if I retire with enough $ is buy a house by the beach.  By a private and out of the way beach.

Damaris

Jnfr Jogs

A small RV, the type made by Mercedes that is small enough for me to drive/park, small enough to not need to tow a car. We could wander all over, staying as long as we like, lingering here and there. One trip we have always talked about is starting in DC during cherry blossom time, and following Spring up the east coast, all the way into Maine.  Touring through all the towns our favorite authors lived and wrote in - Poe, Hawthorne,  Thoreau, King.  Just a couple of wandering souls.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I would like to have a little place in the San Juan Islands for DW and me. We would get in our boat and just cruise, looking at the big boats, watching the whales, and going to Friday Harbor.

Better I Leave

I would like to open a center to help children keep their open minds into adulthood. I'm serious.

RSX

My in-laws have done well with their apartments. We have 1 together, and she has 2 with her ex she will buy out this year. We hope to own more at some point, and she has a great business sense of all this. This will help retirement. A fun job would be working in a library to relieve property taxes which a lot of seniors do in my area. My daily retirement dream would be 2 hours in the gym, read newspapers etc. at the library, plus occasional travel.

MrNamtor

i would paint pictures, work out a few hours a day, and pick causes to get involved in and then get involved in them. I have several issues that i care deeply about and would like to actively be helping to solve the problems regarding those issues.

I would live in a warm climate directly near a large body of water, preferably an ocean.  Probably the Florida keys or southern California. I would definitely have a few animals around.

MrNamtor

I would like to open a center to help children keep their open minds into adulthood. I'm serious.

Too bad that center wasn't around when some of the people, particularly in the main forum, were growing up.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

I think I'd be a ski bum.  Somewhere in the Rockies or BC.  All I would really need would be a lot of snow and a fast Internet connection (which by that time would be built into everything, including your toaster).  It would be nice to be able to travel to Europe, South America, Korea and Japan - all the places I haven't been to.  If I could afford it, I would also like to live somewhere in a small town in Japan for a while (of course I would have to learn Japanese first)

RSX

Too bad that center wasn't around when some of the people, particularly in the main forum, were growing up.

Funny.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Of course no one here needed it. Wink

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Mostly harmless

I'd love to move to Leon, a small town on the Pacific coast of Nicaragua.  My son and I visited there last November. I don't know what I would do there, but I would figure out. something.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Just B.S.

Hubby and I already have the plan, since it's only 10 years away for us.Smile

He will private contract his 30 years of I.T. engineering skills when it suits him. I will get more into my photography

and do some freelance work when it suits me.

I did  a tremendous amount of volunteer work when our boys were growing up and I will likely get back into that

in some capacity.

Selling our house here in NB. Buying a cottage in PEI for the summer months which we will no doubt renovate

and make beautiful because that's what we do in our spare time. Winters in a condo somewhere warm (as yet

undetermined) and several trips per year to run marathons together all over the world.

Occasionally we will visit our children wherever they happen to be living (which hopefully is someplace exotic

and/or interesting). The place in PEI will be a summer vacation destination for them and other family members

during the summer months.

Philliefan33

DH has been retired for two years, I plan to take early retirement in 2-5 years (he’s older than me), so we’ve been planning / dreaming a little.

We’ll spend longer stretches of time at our mountain house hiking, kayaking, and just generally enjoying the outdoors.  We’ll do some travelling in the U.S.and Canada – we’d like to visit many of the U.S. National Parks.  Maybe we will see a game in every MLB ball park.  For at least a month in the winter we will stay somewhere warm.  We will be doting grandparents if our daughters bless us with grandchildren.

Something that I’ve been planning, that DH doesn’t know yet:  I will learn to do a proper freestyle stroke and start training for a triathlon.

BruceD555

Something involving coffee, not sweating during the summer and not shivering during the winter. Pretty easy to please here.

Train smart ... race smarter.