Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies are the best. (Read 38 times)

sdWhiskers

I ran 18. 5 mi w.u, 7 miles @ GMP (8:00), 3 miles @ 7:45, and 3 mile cool down. that 3 mile cool down felt like 7 days and 7 nights

Awesome workout!!  And I hear ya on the cool down.

DavePNW

Awesome workout!!  And I hear ya on the cool down.

+1000 to all this.

Dave

LRB

I ran 18. 5 mi w.u, 7 miles @ GMP (8:00), 3 miles @ 7:45, and 3 mile cool down. that 3 mile cool down felt like 7 days and 7 nights

lol

That's a great description!

LRB

The mud pit that is my back yard has almost dried up

Mud + dogs = major PITA

Yeah, springtime sucks for dog owners.

How is the little lady by the way, is she all the way back? And are you done with vet bills geezus?!

onemile

Stupid dog wouldn't cooperate.

Embarrassing confession: later on in the day, I realized I should have attempted the photos at the end of the run.

Tomorrow for sure.

lol yeah I have learned not to even attempt pics during the first half of the walk. They are wayyy too hyped up to sit still for them

onemile

Yeah, springtime sucks for dog owners.

How is the little lady by the way, is she all the way back? And are you done with vet bills geezus?!

Our last vet bill was for her final xrays and wound evaluation back in January and her once giant wound is now just a scar on her inner leg and she's running around and going on normal length walks

Runshortii

Our last vet bill was for her final xrays and wound evaluation back in January and her once giant wound is now just a scar on her inner leg and she's running around and going on normal length walks

Awww what beautiful pups

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, I'd much rather be here. No interest in ever going back to, as Robert Plant would say, the land of the ice and snow.

And FTR - no time for a bunch of googling right now, but if you list cities with the highest annual rainfall in inches (or cm, for Cyberic), Seattle is nowhere on the list. But if you list by total days where some rainfall occurs, it's right there at the top (along with Portland, OR). It seems to rain virtually every day from about October through March, but he vast majority of the rain is just drizzle.

That's what I was trying to find on wiki. Miami had at some point 300 days of rain a year (Sunshine State, my ass sometimes, LOL).  It has gone down in the last year, though, so it's not there anymore.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

lol

That's a great description!

Yeap.  Great work!

8 TM miles done.

Damaris

Coastal

I have heard that about Seattle...and Portland.

North coast Oregon and Washington are the wettest places outside of Hawaii and Alaska?      Didn't know that.  Biggest problem is it is dark and gray all the time in the winter.  Some people move here and leave because they don't like it.  Most of the rain falls here before going over the hills to Portland.  Locals here consider it dry over there.

Got in A 6.5 mile progression on the TM.  Did leg and hip workout before.  Felt tired and sluggish but things clicked one I started picking up.  the pace.  DId  6 mile easy pace run on the TM yesterday.

GinnyinPA

North coast Oregon and Washington are the wettest places outside of Hawaii and Alaska?      Didn't know that.  Biggest problem is it is dark and gray all the time in the winter.  Some people move here and leave because they don't like it.  Most of the rain falls here before going over the hills to Portland.  Locals here consider it dry over there.

Got in A 6.5 mile progression on the TM.  Did leg and hip workout before.  Felt tired and sluggish but things clicked one I started picking up.  the pace.  DId  6 mile easy pace run on the TM yesterday.

I have problems with grey skies. I get really depressed if I don't see sunshine at least every couple of days.  I would love to live in Montana, but winters there are very gray.