Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Step right up and post a run! (Read 39 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, resting.  People underestimate the power of rest.

I been doing it all year, where the hell ya been lol.  No seriously, I have been.

Redrum, keep the iron, more wine please.

As for me, I am on my third consecutive rest day for the first time since I resumed running last December, and you know what?  Me likey!  22 miles for the week is a mileage low since back then but I am not complaining.

Physically I am fine but mentally the break has been kind of refreshing.  One more off day to go tomorrow then it will be back at it Tuesday morning for something slow and easy.

I probably will not race this weekend and am not sure when I will again.  Right now it looks like a 10k on 8/31, but stay tuned.

Damaris

Rondog65

Hello all,

Hoping all had a good weekend as we get ready for another work week.

I am tired after a 9.5 mile LR after 3 consecutive days of running with one being a 5.25 mile race (not the normal running schedule for me).  All well, tomorrow is a rest day with an evening softball game, life is good.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Just B.S.

Hi guys, have barely been around but I will step up and post a run.

13.5 miles today, no energy so it was very slow @ average 10:25 but there was 1,200 feet of gain and one

hill with 125 foot of gain over just 600 meters! Feel like a mountain goat when I do that one and it's at the

beginning of my run.

Still it's done and one more  long run done towards next marathon Sept 29th in Ireland.

In the meantime half marathon #26 next weekend, sprint tri August 24th and Olympic tri on August 31st

and a 5k in September.

Been swimming lots and regularly doing a mile or more in open water. Still very slow in the water but

I can go forever.

So don't know when you will see me again Big grin but take care of those injuries, enjoy those good running

days and stay safe in all things!

Scotty - good job on the hot SUNday

Ric-G - have fun at the ballgame

Tom - nice recovery

Redrum - Hans and Franz, excellent

DaveP - bah. Sad

Marjorie - great job on the 20.4

SIAR - smokin' MP miles, well done

Baboon - hooray for pancakes

Lily - yay, back to LR.  Hoping that PF fades away for good.

D - ugh, (stupid question knowing you) but has he tried different shoes?

20.66, mostly easy with about 4 miles harder, all my unsettled stomach would tolerate.  It was a great day for a run though, partly cloudy and cool with a breeze and a few sprinkles at the end.    And unicorn defecation:

unipoo

Just B.S.

'Morning!

• Got up at 4:30 to play support/sherpa/photog for the wife's triathlon, while Oski did the same for Mr. Oski 

Awesome! Hope they had fun!

Lily, darn the stupid PF!

Robert31320

Team TJ

5.75 mile run done this morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Marjorie, brava on the 20.4.

SIAR, awesome eighteen.

Phil, sweet seven.

Lily, great job with the seventeen. I hope that the PF skedaddles soon.

Damaris, I hope that DH feels better ASAP.

Rondog65, nice 9.5.

Just B.S., terrific 13.5.

Jay, amazing 20.66.

Robert, great 5.75.

I did 8.50 slow miles in 1:28:28. 10:25 pace. I also did free weights, push-ups and ab work.

I felt OK. I'd have run more, but I hit the 8.50-mile mark shortly after sunset, so I decided to end the run, return home, and shower.

Tomorrow, seventeen miles, push-ups, and ab work. I'll do them  on the TM at the gym, in case I don't feel my best at any point and need a bathroom. I need to hydrate more than I usually do. (I usually drink a gallon on water per day, not counting that which I drink after each coffee or alcoholic beverage.)