Beginners and Beyond

Supah SUNDAILIES (Read 41 times)

B-Plus

Really solid 18-miler. Today was supposed to be the final of 2 8k races I had planned as a short speed segment leading in marathon training. I kind of wish I was there to watch though, since my friend just got edged out in the last little bit to finish in 2nd place.

Congrats for getting out there DaveP!

DavePNW

It shows that event's popularity when 1500 people show up in that crap.

FYP.

Can't imagine how many there would be in any kind of half-decent weather.

Dave

cjones1

Rest day here. A glorious, glorious rest day. Perfect timing with all the rain. 35 miles for the week.

Now I shall stuff my face for the rest of the day.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Little Blue

URD for me.  An elderly friend had a list of stuff she needed help with around the house, so I spent the morning doing that.  Now I'm fixing food for the game.

LRB

FYP.

Can't imagine how many there would be in any kind of half-decent weather.

Yeah you rarely see half that at most events and that's in decent weather!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Rushing to catch my flight. HM done with hubby. Found out Sammy escaped my husband the morning we left and my neighbor found her trapped on our back patio (I assume she returned and broke the screen). Sigh. Hoping to see her late tonight. The one sitting beside got yelled at for his stupidity.

Congrats, Dave!

Damaris

LRB

He is the luckiest man alive. You would have killed him for sure had something happened to that cat!

Zelanie

Saucony has a new shoe out that you'd think was designed just for me- lighter than the Rides, more cushion than the Kinvaras. Sweet!  I spotted them at the LRS Thursday before the social run, and apparently only held out 3 days before coming back in to buy them.

Introducing the Saucony Breakthru

workinprogress11

URD. There is 14 inches of snow on the ground so far. I can't run in that and my neighborhood hasn't been plowed so I can't even drive to the gym to use the treadmill. Argh.

mta- How many minutes to jogging in place constitutes a mile?

Cyberic

It's about 48 degrees here, been walking around town all morning. Nice place, Seattle. Didn't find a decent place to run, unless I run on the sidewalks. Might do that anyway... TM is convenient but too dangerous for me. I was scared of that stupid machine after my fall. Second 30 minute leg I did, I pressed the stop button, waited for the belt to stop, and THEN walked off. Funny feeling... I felt like when I walk off a boat... a bit dizzy kinda. I felt like that after my fall too and thought it was weird that a fall would make me dizzy.

No, I did not hurt anything but my pride. I feel it a tiny bit in my left ankle and left butt cheek, but it's really nothing.

Did I mention that it's 48 degrees, grass is green? I knew I forgot. Thought it was worth mentioning Big grin

Baboon

delicate flower

Michigan Dave, nice job on the 5K in lousy conditions!  Foot slippage is frustrating on a casual jog, so I can only imagine how much of a frustrating energy suck it'd be in a 5K marathon.  Any bling for 3rd AG, or just bragging rights at the local donut shop?

45 minutes easyish for me today.  5.7 miles at 7:59 pace on a hilly route.  I didn't push hard but damn were my lungs on fire.  Not sure what was up with that.

Super Bowl meatballs are in the crocker!

<3

Cyberic

The city is buzzing and all blue and green. Now I'm off to a "tailgate party" organized by Microsoft. hey, free food and free beer (well, 2 free beers) and watching the superbowl with geeks! What more can a man ask for!!!

LRB

URD. There is 14 inches of snow on the ground so far. I can't run in that and my neighborhood hasn't been plowed so I can't even drive to the gym to use the treadmill. Argh.

mta- How many minutes to jogging in place constitutes a mile?

There's no sugar coating it; that blows.

LRB

Nice place, Seattle. Didn't find a decent place to run unless I run on the sidewalks...

Yeah, that's kinda how we do it. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

He is the luckiest man alive. You would have killed him for sure had something happened to that cat!

Yeap.

Damaris