Beginners and Beyond

Ozone ThursDailies (Read 19 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think I will follow the training I used for 2018 CIM, which is my PR and best training cycle ever (including HM PR). The plan came from my friend/coach who was writing my schedule. Mileage was on the lighter side but maybe that's why it worked! Undecided if I'll follow as is or add easy miles each week. Also, typically, when I'm about 3 weeks out from a marathon, I'm just over it so thinking a shorter buildup could be beneficial, as least mentally.

Good luck!

Damaris

DavePNW

Once your races are firm, feel free to post them on the race thread and I'll get them on the main list.

“Firm” is a strong word, but I’ll post them.

Dave

DavePNW

I think I will follow the training I used for 2018 CIM, which is my PR and best training cycle ever (including HM PR). The plan came from my friend/coach who was writing my schedule. Mileage was on the lighter side but maybe that's why it worked! Undecided if I'll follow as is or add easy miles each week. Also, typically, when I'm about 3 weeks out from a marathon, I'm just over it so thinking a shorter buildup could be beneficial, as least mentally.

Not sure what you consider shorter or longer, but I never do a formal plan longer than 12 weeks. Those 18 week plans can go F themselves. Granted I try to keep a pretty solid base year-round.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crazy run/walk this morning around UTSA campus and a close-by neighborhood. Got a late start at 9:30 a.m. and it was WAY humid, with temps in the 80s. Really dark skies, was hoping it would rain on me but it did not, just stayed very humid, with a pretty good wind blowing. Ended up with a very slow 3 miles in 44:15, and took a few extra walk breaks. Summer session recently ended so the campus was pretty deserted with very little traffic, which was nice.

As I got back to the campus rec center passed by the UTSA Athletic Center and could hear the football team guys out practicing on their field. Go Runners! Nice to get back to the rec center and sit in the A/C for a while after all that humidity, and then a cold water in the shower to start, and then hot. Felt mucho better after that.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt