Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Run For Life - Not From It! (Read 32 times)

SheCan

Just got back from my 10 mile run and am feeling wonderful.  A strong run like today, sure helps make up for that bad LR on Tuesday.  I'm going to cool off a bit and then read up on everyone.  Write more soon.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

PADRunner

PAD: That is a lot of intervals. When are you coming out west?

Should be there Sunday afternoon. Looks like the weather will be great, 50s-70s all week!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Should be there Sunday afternoon. Looks like the weather will be great, 50s-70s all week!

Sounds great. Have a safe trip. If the planets align, perhaps we could meet and have a jog around the park.

SheCan

Good morning friends!

Gustav-- good luck with your hill sprints!

Awood-- snow?  seriously?  And I was thinking I sure was glad it wasn't hot today here, but I certainly wasn't worried about possible snow.

Bin-- awesome job!  YOu're really getting there.

Mickey-- when is your race?  It's okay to be looking forward to some time off.   Training really is hard.

Margo-- Hey you!  Did you ever read that ad I posted the other day about the sports donuts?  Anyway, if you decide to run today, good luck!

Scotty-- don't remember the Good & Plenty commercial, but I do remember the Oscar Mayer.   I can still only spell bologna by singing it.  Yup, just sung it.  Enjoy exploring the new park.  Even with "just" 2 races this weekend & one on halloween, you're going to be plenty busy.

kj-- hi!  the 5 miles with a partner sounds great.  It's nice to every once in a while have a running partner to take your mind off of fussing.  IF you're feeling better, i'd run maybe 4 today and 3 tomorrow and skip Saturday.  I'm not sure what works best for you.  Some people think a short easy run the day before a race is best, others respond better by taking the day before off.

Traci-  nice shirt.  LOL

Mitch-- a $1 a pic?  Wow, that is a good deal!   You'll have to post some of your fastest pics.

Hi ya Zelanie and Docket!!!

Jeffrey-- sorry youngens interrupted your sleep so much.  It really is hard, but one day you'll look back on these times with nostalgia.  I often dream of when my children when small like that.

HsM-- sounds like a busy fun day.  Practicing holiday music would be so joyful!

PAD-- easy money yesterday?   I think I missed something.  I'm just a ditz.... just ignore me.

Jimmy-- i'm sorry, good luck tonight.  P.S.  your wife sounds very nice. :-)  just sayin....

kristin-- got my fingers crossed for you that it's really nothing.  Just one of those normal aches and pains.

Jack-- you've certainly earned a rest day.  When is your trip to Zion?

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Dad on the run.

She Can - She is. Sometimes though I would just like for her to respond to my complaining with "yea babe, your a fat slob and a loser, you should just stop running and go back to playing your video games and eating junk food" that way it will allow me to continue wallowing in my own self pity. Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope - Thanks for the recommendation, I will most deffinitely look into that book.

Docket - the soreness starts right at the front inside of each hip and runs out and down towards my groin. No i'm pretty confident I'm not a girl Smile

Thanks everyone for listening to my moaning and groaning. I tried to complain to my wife but she feels bad and tries to pet me. I told her lastnight I didn't want to be petted I just wanted to be left alone to sulk, lol. She petted me anyways...

That is where the psoas is located but I wonder if you have some imbalance causing that.  Check with a chiro or PT when you can.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: we will be going to Zion during the week of Thanksgiving.  That sounds like a great run you had. I'm still hoping you will run the HM in Tucson.  Smile

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

OK, this is a very sad story....and will make all guys WINCE, I am sure.  This happened yesterday at Fort Sam Houston and was reported on our local news this morning.  The FBI got involved because it occurred on a govt installation.   Poor kid....and what a crazy mother!

http://www.woai.com/articles/woai-local-news-119078/ouch-mom-accused-of-ripping-open-11765622/

kj, I think you should just go run 'how you feel' for the MCM 10K and if you have to walk a bit, that's okay.  Just set one goal for yourself:  have fun!  Maybe even carry your camera with you and take some photos along the way, so you won't push too hard after being sick all week and maybe have a relapse if you do push too hard.

Me too, Traci, lol.

Happy napping, Mitch!  Yeah, we are at that age, aren't we?  Joking

Sorry about the no-run, Lew.  Hope things work out so you can get out the door sometime soon!

Sorry the ITB is still flaring, Jimmy!  I think you've tried just about everything now, haven't you?  Maybe a pain management doc next?  I go to one for my back and he really has done wonders with it.   You might consider it.

Sorry about the knee, Kristin, hope that it IS nothing and goes away quickly!  And as for the gym, as you yourself said to Jimmy:  Maybe you should rest instead.  Follow your own advice, young lady!

Sounds like you earned an SRD today, Jack.

HsM, do you dress up in costumes when you do these Halloween songs?

Congrats on your great run, She Can.  Since you are in Arizona....when you're out running, does the Border Patrol ever drive up to you and check your ID when they see you running?  Wink  Well, you are way too young to remember the Good n Plenty commercials. Big grin

Safe trip, PAD.  Where are you heading out West?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Yes, I have a sparkly purple dress, a tiara, fairy wings, a shark's tooth necklace, and a wand with a big tooth on the end.  I'm the tooth fairy!!  Which is nice, because I can wear my VFF's too ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

tracilynn

Jimmy, sorry its acting up again. So frustrating.

cherie, glad you had a good run after your yucky one!

I got my Hokas last night.  I may try them tonight if I have time to run. Def taking them out for a spin tomorrow Cool   We'll see what happens.

~~~~~~~

Traci

SheCan

She Can: we will be going to Zion during the week of Thanksgiving.  That sounds like a great run you had. I'm still hoping you will run the HM in Tucson.  Smile

I'll at least run the HM, barring any injury, Jack Smile.   I hate saying it out loud, because it might curse me, but if I'm capable at the time, I may go ahead and try to run the full.  I realize it won't be a great one, but I'll be happy if I'm just able to complete it.  If not, I'll just do the Half, and hopefully meet you and your DW!

OK, this is a very sad story....and will make all guys WINCE, I am sure.  This happened yesterday at Fort Sam Houston and was reported on our local news this morning.  The FBI got involved because it occurred on a govt installation.   Poor kid....and what a crazy mother! 

http://www.woai.com/articles/woai-local-news-119078/ouch-mom-accused-of-ripping-open-11765622/

Congrats on your great run, She Can.  Since you are in Arizona....when you're out running, does the Border Patrol ever drive up to you and check your ID when they see you running?  Wink  Well, you are way too young to remember the Good n Plenty commercials. Big grin

Omgosh Scotty, that story is just awful!   Yes, indeed a crazy (and stupid) woman.  Poor child...

There are border patrol everywhere around here, Scotty, but the only time they bugged me about running is when I drove down a dead end road to see if it were a good running road.  They followed me forever before they finally stopped me to ask what I was doing.  Told them I was checking out running routes, but they still ended up looking in my trunk.  When I'm running, mostly they just wave at me, probably just used to seeing me everywhere.

Cherie

Zelanie

Zel: How long are the social runs? Sounds fun. Smile

As long as the 2013 in 2013 game is in the playoffs, you won't hear me mentioning mentioning mileage on here.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I'll at least run the HM, barring any injury, Jack Smile.   I hate saying it out loud, because it might curse me, but if I'm capable at the time, I may go ahead and try to run the full.  I realize it won't be a great one, but I'll be happy if I'm just able to complete it.  If not, I'll just do the Half, and hopefully meet you and your DW!

Omgosh Scotty, that story is just awful!   Yes, indeed a crazy (and stupid) woman.  Poor child...

There are border patrol everywhere around here, Scotty, but the only time they bugged me about running is when I drove down a dead end road to see if it were a good running road.  They followed me forever before they finally stopped me to ask what I was doing.  Told them I was checking out running routes, but they still ended up looking in my trunk.  When I'm running, mostly they just wave at me, probably just used to seeing me everywhere.

Sounds good. Unfortunately, DW won't be there.  Younger dd has a huge swim meet that weekend. By the way, how is the artwork?  Wink

Singer who runs a smidge

As long as the 2013 in 2013 game is in the playoffs, you won't hear me mentioning mentioning mileage on here.

A mile and a  half.  They're only a mile and a half.  Really low mileage here, nothing to see, move along!!  Joking

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Amazonian Princess

Good afternoon, Penguin Ohana!

Today's my Thriday since I'm off tomorrow to head to Fresno for the Komen Race for the Cure to honor my mom. We lost her to breast cancer in 2005 and I lost an aunt in 2003 so we're honoring them both with a family gathering after the Race. I have a lovely pink sparkle skirt to wear and I'm feeling pretty okay. After being sick and not running much, it's like my body did a system reset and all the little aches and pains are gone. Still wearing my night splints for PF because I run some on concrete (and they're so darn sexy paired with my wrist splints for carpal tunnel and the Invisalign retainer!)

Sorry for no personals but I'm at work, but not complaining since it pays for Hawai'i this year Big grin

I can. I will. I am.