Beginners and Beyond

Lake Joe Pool Pumpkin Run 10K RR (Read 63 times)

PADRunner

Nice improvement.

Had I not had the Tyler HM on Sunday I would have run the Pumpkin Run.

How did they change the course?  Just loop through the park?  What was your take on it?

From my position it wasn't to bad but leaders may have had a problems. There's a map in my workouts if you can see it or I'll post it. They added a loop on the west end and went out to the entrance instead of across the dam with a small loop on the way back.

The loop on the west end took you out and then back into the middle of the 5k walkers but it wasn't too bad since the whole street was closed. Lead 10k runners may have had more problems.  The loop through the camp sites was opposite the 5k so it was a little crowded through there at times with people going both directions on the narrow road. The lead runners of the 10k were also coming back through there the same direction as the 5k. I measured it a 6.32 and I was probably off so I think it was fairly accurate.

The Prairie Light Sneak Peek 5k is next month 11/23 out there. Running through the light tunnel is a trip.

PADRunner

Great stuff, PAD!! I knew you would PR!! You have been training well and it paid off BIG TIME!!!

Thanks Jack. It looks like your around Santa Anita. I'm going to be out there for a week at the end of the month. Any good routes around the track? Hoping to continue training at least 4 a day.  May have to use the hotel TM though.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

What's bringing you out here? There is a 10k I'm running on the 27th if you want to join up. Pm me anytime and I can give you some info on the race or routes.

GinnyinPA

You really are improving your time, thanks to the hard work you're putting in.  Congratulations.

PADRunner

What's bringing you out here? There is a 10k I'm running on the 27th if you want to join up. Pm me anytime and I can give you some info on the race or routes.

I'll be working at the Breeders Cup. I won't be there until late on the 27th and leaving on the 3rd. so no time for racing, would have been nice though. I looked at Google maps and it looks like there's a park & golf course on the corner across the street from Santa Anita, from my hotel around it and back measured about 4 mi. but not sure how it is running in the area early in the morning. Moving my long runs from Sundays to the Saturday before and the Monday after.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I'll be working at the Breeders Cup. I won't be there until late on the 27th and leaving on the 3rd. so no time for racing, would have been nice though. I looked at Google maps and it looks like there's a park & golf course on the corner across the street from Santa Anita, from my hotel around it and back measured about 4 mi. but not sure how it is running in the area early in the morning. Moving my long runs from Sundays to the Saturday before and the Monday after.

That is a nice park for running. Just run around the perimeter. I went to high school right around the corner from there. Also, the Arboretum is just across the street from the stable area. If you can get in there it is nice. Are you a trainer or something?

Love the Half

75 degrees and humid?  That is awful.  Great job in very difficult conditions.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

PADRunner

That is a nice park for running. Just run around the perimeter. I went to high school right around the corner from there. Also, the Arboretum is just across the street from the stable area. If you can get in there it is nice. Are you a trainer or something?

No I work IT at Lone Star Park in Texas. We usually help out Santa Anita during Breeders Cup. I'll probably be working support in the press box most of the week. This will be my first time going. They had the BC here the year before I started. Should be interesting.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Very cool. If you want, let me know your schedule and if I can get a break from my kids' activities we can meet for a run around the park.

Great job PAD!  That is a huge improvement!

And that temp/humidity makes a huge difference.  My last 10k was weather like that, and I made a huge improvement on a cooler and dryer 5 miler just three weeks later.  You're sure to do the same.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Nice job sticking on pace all the way through the end! Good luck at your HM.

- Andrew

LRB

Nice way to pull yourself out of that nose dive from miles 2, 3, and 4.  That you were able to compose your pace and finish strong is something to build on!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your PR and your race, PAD!

Lake Joe Pool....I kept getting visions in my head of Snoopy with sunglasses on being "Joe COOL" lol....and a Great Pumpkin running behind him!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt