Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: On second thought, I'll turn here (Read 30 times)

DavePNW

Baboon was in fact the first to notify me that Boston registration has now opened for all qualifiers, theoretically meaning I'm in. But I'll believe it when I get my email.

And then later Baboon was the one to point me to the Boston Marathon FB page, which makes clear that the fact that week 2 is opening does NOT automatically mean people who registered week 1 are in. So, more to worry about.

Dave

Runshortii

Whiskers, nice run!

I ran 6. I have 22 tomorrow.

Question for those of you who have ran Chicago. I'm in corral D/wave 1. The suggested arrival time is 5:30 am. That's two hours before the start. Is that really necessary...? I'm staying at the Congress so I'm right across the street.

Cyberic

14 miles with 4x2 mi with the sets at (MP, MP, HMP then MP) and 0.5 miles easy running in between, I nailed it! The HMP part was annoying though. We are finally getting temps down into the 60s at night, yay! I also put some new music on my ipod last night which is makes a HUGE difference for a long run, Fresh tunes!

Good job!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Whiskers, nice run!

I ran 6. I have 22 tomorrow.

Question for those of you who have ran Chicago. I'm in corral D/wave 1. The suggested arrival time is 5:30 am. That's two hours before the start. Is that really necessary...? I'm staying at the Congress so I'm right across the street.

It is not.  For my 8am start, I'm in the corral by 7:20am and sometimes even later (by around the time you will start). I wake up at 6:30am or even later.  There is no need for you to be at 5:30am for your 7:30am start.  I am staying at the Congress as well.  FE will be required. Smile

Damaris

LRB

I nailed it! 

That you did.

Who's your coach, Paula Radcliffe? 

LRB

before NFL takes over the rest of my afternoon.  

My team lost. And stupid me bought tickets back in July to next Sunday night's game against the Patriots, who also lost today. Great, they're going to beat the shit out of us. 

#itseemedlikeagoodideaatthetime

DavePNW

It is not.  For my 8am start, I'm in the corral by 7:20am and sometimes even later (by around the time you will start). I wake up at 6:30am or even later.  There is no need for you to be at 5:30am for your 7:30am start.  I am staying at the Congress as well.  FE and pics will be required. Smile

FYP

Dave

Runshortii

It is not.  For my 8am start, I'm in the corral by 7:20am and sometimes even later (by around the time you will start). I wake up at 6:30am or even later.  There is no need for you to be at 5:30am for your 7:30am start.  I am staying at the Congress as well.  FE will be required. Smile

For sure!! Glad to know I don't need to get there by 5:30. 6:30, yeah sure, but 5:30 seemed extreme

LRB

And then later Baboon was the one to point me to the Boston Marathon FB page, which makes clear that the fact that week 2 is opening does NOT automatically mean people who registered week 1 are in. So, more to worry about.

I guess I don't understand how someone can run their BQ time, and minus the BAA's adjusted time, and still not get in. That's some dumb shit.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

From the BAA registration website:

Monday, September 17, 10:00 a.m. ET - If space remains, all qualifiers who have met the qualifying standard by any amount of time are able to submit an entry form. The fastest runners among submissions from Week 2 will be accepted until the maximum field size is reached.

Week 1 times still need to be verified, but that sounds like registration would not have been reopened if they had received more applications that slots available.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

Week 1 times still need to be verified, but that sounds like registration would not have been reopened if they had received more applications that slots available.

Yes, true.

However, an entry submitted week 1 does not take precedence over one submitted week 2, if the week 2 time was faster. So week 2 entrants can theoretically bump week 1 entrants. People may have been fast enough to be eligible to register week one, but didn't decide to do so till later (although seems unlikely to be a large number). Also - because they did extend registration to next week - marathons run this weekend (e.g. Berlin) now become eligible as qualifiers. Thereby increasing the potential for faster times submitted in week 2.

I didn't realize any of this stuff before perusing their FB page. I'm not too worried, because I'm at 6:21, but the BAA can go ahead and send my confirmation email any time now, tyvm.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

For sure!! Glad to know I don't need to get there by 5:30. 6:30, yeah sure, but 5:30 seemed extreme

Yes!  We must plan. Either day before, day of or day after!  Second time staying through Monday!

Damaris

5 miles, just barely beating the rain.

27 for the week. Now that's progress.

Fantastic! Happy to see your back at it Dave

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

sdWhiskers

Who's your coach, Paula Radcliffe? 

LOL no. A friend/coworker who's a year younger than me. Several of her teammates were going for OTQ at Berlin, I'm not sure if they hit it.

I'm going to have her pace me to a 5k PR in the spring....which is slower than her recovery pace,  ha

KCRuns

4.3 easy