Beginners and Beyond

Cold WednesDailies! (Read 39 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Real quick: how do the Ghosts fit? I wear a 10 womens street shoes. I wear an 11 in my Saucony Breakthru's. Wondering what size to order for the Ghosts?

The last version of Ghosts I have are the 7. I have both them and the Breakthrough in a 10.5. For me, the Ghosts seem roomier in the toebox than the Breakthroughs. I size up 1.5 sizes, which has gotten me some weird looks if a store insists on measuring me. Usually I just go to Holabird Sports, which is really dangerous to have nearby.

I got the Brooks Revel a few weeks ago. I like them better than the Ghost, but not better than my Wave Riders.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran on the TM (didn't want to run strides outside with the stupid city lights all off because my city is stupid), and weights.  Hershey is walking all over so I guess he is feeling better.

Damaris

The 10.  I didn't want to get the 9, fall in love, and then never be able to get another pair.  I plan ahead for my hoarding needs, lol.

And yeah, people are stupid.

I have, and love, my 10's.  Comfortable, roomy toebox. 

LRB

Of course, though I'm not really someone who has luck with lotteries anyway

It reminds me of a time a police car was following me once. I went from, "I'm cool, I haven't done anything so they can bite me" to "They are really starting to annoy me" to "OMFG - PULL ME OVER ALREADY!" lol

Real quick: how do the Ghosts fit? I wear a 10 womens street shoes. I wear an 11 in my Saucony Breakthru's. Wondering what size to order for the Ghosts?

I wear a 7-7.5 street shoe, and almost always now wear an 8.5 in running shoes, which holds true for my Ghosts.

The last version of Ghosts I have are the 7. I have both them and the Breakthrough in a 10.5. For me, the Ghosts seem roomier in the toebox than the Breakthroughs. I size up 1.5 sizes, which has gotten me some weird looks if a store insists on measuring me. Usually I just go to Holabird Sports, which is really dangerous to have nearby.

I got the Brooks Revel a few weeks ago. I like them better than the Ghost, but not better than my Wave Riders.

Ok, so now I wanna know...why do you love them?  I'm pretty much a Brooks girl anyway and have seen these, but don't know much about them. Spill...inquiring minds want to know!

LRB

I spent the better part of November galloping like a gazelle, but the past four days have found my legs as dead as deadwood. I want to gallop again, hmph.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ok, so now I wanna know...why do you love them?  I'm pretty much a Brooks girl anyway and have seen these, but don't know much about them. Spill...inquiring minds want to know!

The Revels? Definitely not love, but like. They will not be replacing my Wave Riders as my primary shoe. The main thing is they are a combo of light but firm, with a 12mm drop. They seemed almost overly firm the first few runs. I wore them on the treadmill tonight and they felt pretty good.

onemile

I spent the better part of November galloping like a gazelle, but the past four days have found my legs as dead as deadwood. I want to gallop again, hmph.

from your addition of speedwork in the past 2 weeks?

bluerun

Super B****

Rejected.  I'm stunned. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

from your addition of speedwork in the past 2 weeks?

I went through the same thing a month ago. Maybe it's the effects of the full moon.

onemile

I went through the same thing a month ago. Maybe it's the effects of the wine.

oldfartrunner

I got 5 more, weights done, ice bag off. Taper Time!

Blue: Sorry. Sad

Onemile: Funny.  LRB probably runs all night during full moon after ingesting copious amounts of the vine. #werewolvesofLondon

RunningOnSand

Yeah ditto!!

RunningOnSand

Sorry, Blue. Sad

Thx for the size recommendations. I’ll go with an 11. #bigfoot

Docket, glad Hershey’s problem should be resolved easily??