Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES - and the MCM is on! (Read 60 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies!  I guess that all the racers are up and running already, if they're not finished by now. Best of luck to y'all - and you know who you are!

Me - SRD again - It's been a week since I've run, and I have to say that the right knee is feeling almost like new. I could probably sneak out for a run this afternoon, but I'm going to wait a few more days and make sure things are really healed. TMTS isn't just for newbies!

LRB

What up doe!

Bout to hit the mat for some more stretching, yawn.  I found a workout where I will add a few of the moves to my base core routine, along with a couple suggested by scappalicious.

What's happening, people?

Tom, thank you for starting today's thread. I hope that resting helps you feel even better.

Rick, enjoy stretching.

I  finished the Bill's Pizzeria 5K. After this season's colds and stomach bugs, I'd have been thrilled with a 31:00 5K.

I comfortably did it in 27:53. I'm so happy, I'm going to celebrate by taking a nap after eating a big second breakfastSmile

LRB

I  finished the Bill's Pizzeria 5K. After this season's colds and stomach bugs, I'd have been thrilled with a 31:00 5K.

I comfortably did it in 27:53. I'm so happy, I'm going to celebrate by taking a nap after eating a big second breakfastSmile

Excellent!  There have been some great runs this weekend!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Nice job, Basya!

I seem to have gotten a bit of a headache this morning. Just one of those nagging little ones that you get when you celebrate a little too heavily while watching college football the prior evening. Smile

Maybe that's why my leg feels better - because I'm not noticing it due to the headache.

Seriously though, it hurt a bit when I was riding the mower yesterday afternoon, but when I mowed the hill with the walk-behind mower, it felt fine and has ever since. Knees are weird!

Ric-G

tom - continued healing

lrb - i gotta learn some of that stretching stuff

basya - nice job on the 5k...congrats

got in last nite about 12:45am (late for me) and in bed by 1am....woke up at 4am (wtf) and felt wide awake...crap...got up and watched sports highlights and bizarro infomercials...wasn't  sleepy...out the door by 6am and ran an easy 5....ok sunday let's be kind to me the rest of the day. hope everyone has a great day....and good luck to anyone out there racing!

marathon pr - 3:16

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I decided to take my long run on the trails this morning, took Rocky with me (of course) and we had an awesome time as the sun was coming up. Eight miles and Rocky still had energy left over, it was a great time. I decided to wear capri's instead of tights, it was 34 degrees so a little chilly during the first couple miles. Around mile 5 I stopped by the Tahoe and left my  hoodie there, and made the mistake of leaving gloves thinking I no longer needed them. Other than that it was a great run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Morning!  Taking it easy today.  We are going to watch Gravity, then head over to DH's parents' house to carve pumpkins.  Good luck to MCM runners!

Tom- Sounds like a great plan to totally nip the knee issue in the bud.  Good for you for having the discipline to do it!

LRB- Thanks for posting the core workout video.  I've been diligent about my hip exercises, but need to do more core work.

Ric- Glad your run went well!  Hope the rest of your day is easy!

Basya- Hooray!  Glad you had such a great race!

FreeSoul- Nice run!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ran MCM 10K today. Didn't talk much about it because me running with my friends bib was not met with a lot of positivity here when I asked for advice but...meh. I decided to do it. I was being offered a free bib to a sold out race that I wanted to run.

JUST MISSED my sub 60 goal.......by 14 seconds!!! 1:00:13. Still a PR by 4 minutes and 32 seconds though....I'll take it!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

outoftheblue

REally nice PR Kristin!  You will shave those last seconds off next time.

I'm going back to the treadmill today for a few very easy miles while the football game is on.

Life is good.

Baboon

delicate flower

Great job on your races, Basya and Kristin!

Just got back from a 12 miler.  8:20 pace at a medium effort.  It's getting colder!  Smile

<3

LRB

Ran MCM 10K today. Didn't talk much about it because me running with my friends bib was not met with a lot of positivity here when I asked for advice but...meh. I decided to do it. I was being offered a free bib to a sold out race that I wanted to run.

JUST MISSED my sub 60 goal.......by 14 seconds!!! 1:00:13. Still a PR by 4 minutes and 32 seconds though....I'll take it!!!

Sweet!  And I ended up giving my bib to a friend for last weeks race so there.  Tongue

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Tom--glad your knee's feeling better.  Honestly, it takes about 2 weeks to begin losing any fitness at all, so take it easy until you feel 100% and good luck when you get at it again.  Soft, even surfaces, right?

LRB--nice core video.  I could school that dude on the alternate arm/leg extensions, though--I do them from pushup position.  Mwahaha.

Basya, nice 5k!  Feel ya on second breakfast.  I'm contemplating second lunch as we speak.  Yesterday I had a second post-run meal of chocolate-chocolate-chip pancake.  Mmmmm.

RicG--seems like a good day for a NAP!  Eesh.  Hope the 5-miler refreshed you at least.

FreeSoul--you always need gloves.  I sometimes run with shorts, sports bra... and gloves.  But it sounds lovely to run on a trail... darn being a city dweller.

Zelanie--what are you going to carve in the pumpkin?  A face or a fancy pattern thingy?

kristin, congrats on your race.  Look at it this way, you can round down to 60 minutes flat, that's legit.

Baboon, nice 12, you really have made massive gains in fitness, that is so cool.

Since I did my "long run" of 7 miles yesterday, today I did speed intervals in a hard spin class and followed it up with lifting!  Squats, front squat (with 115lb! not bad, still light for me, of course), overhead press, lat pulldown, step ups, and core work, of course--for core I did v-ups with a large ball between my feet, passing it to my hands, and then back; ab roller; and planks to pushup to plank for high reps.  That was fun.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Jess runs for bacon

Mini RR: I signed up for 2 races this weekend, one was a 6k and today was a 5k. I had to DNF the 6k at mile 1, right in the beginning of the race my shoe came untied which put me in the back of the pack right away (my hands were cold and couldn't retie). Then my leg started to cramp massively, it's never been that bad and I think the motion of bending ovemajor my shoe made it worse. I didn't feel like trying to play catchup for the rest of the race (the cramp took 10 minutes to stop) so I just dropped out. My first ever DNF.

Today I was extra careful about my leg, so I did a really good warmup (I usually don't warm up at all, after this I have totally changed my mind). I felt really good at the start, and was holding a 9:30 pace for the first half mile. My original goal for the race was 10:15, but when I saw that I thought I would attempt my fastest mile ever. I missed it by 2 second (9:35 vs 9:33). Not surprisingly I burned out after that. I think I would have done better but I am getting over being sick and i overdressed and got overheated. But it was officially my fastest 5k, : the one that would have been my fastest was short. So, not bad.

Now I just get to chill, there is a gas leak 2 miles from my house and they have shut down the interstate (my exit is the last on that side) so everything is deadlocked.

Hope everyone's races went well!