Beginners and Beyond

Hungover Sundailies (Read 60 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey, I am thrilled with how I did today.  And according to the internets, one shooting for a 3:25 finish on a 70 degree day can expect to finish in 3:45.  Yowsers....is that accurate?  I was sweating in the starting gate.  Usually not a good sign of things to come.

<3

happylily

I know that's right!  I drink like a damn hound dog after a marathon.  Shit, after my second one I drank an entire bottle of wine!  Purple lip city.  lol

You drink like that all the time. Admit it. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Hey, I am thrilled with how I did today.  And according to the internets, one shooting for a 3:25 finish on a 70 degree day can expect to finish in 3:45.  Yowsers....is that accurate?  I was sweating in the starting gate.  Usually not a good sign of things to come.

I wouldn't believe that too much. That means that without the two potty breaks and the hot weather two weeks ago, I would have finished in 3:20. Hmmm... NO.

Hip Redux

I don't think anyone can make that sort of estiimate.  Would depend on age, at a minimum - I bet there were some 21 year olds who were not that far off pace.   The older you get, the harder it is to regulate temps (sadly).

Baboon

delicate flower

I don't think anyone can make that sort of estiimate.  Would depend on age, at a minimum - I bet there were some 21 year olds who were not that far off pace.   The older you get, the harder it is to regulate temps (sadly).

Yeah I was just reading "heat impact on running."  I'm just looking for excuses here.  Work with me, people.

<3

Just B.S.

I wouldn't believe that too much. That means that without the two potty breaks and the hot weather two weeks ago, I would have finished in 3:20. Hmmm... NO.

Lily does that mean I would have finished sub 4  that day? I know for sure hubby would have had his sub 3:30.

Sadly the older you get the harder running/racing gets in general.

Big congrats Phil!!

Congrats to Mr Mrs Klompus as well.

No matter what time you finished you are all winners.

Having one of those days where you know everything can be gone in a split second and we are lucky to be active.

Live every day people, Love more, complain less. Smile

40 miles on the road bikes yesterday. Nothing today. Life shit instead.

Hip Redux

Yeah I was just reading "heat impact on running."  I'm just looking for excuses here.  Work with me, people.

LOL

There is no doubt that heat affected everyone today.  How much is the harder thing to know!

LRB

You drink like that all the time.

I'm getting better...I mean after today I will.  

LRB

I'm wit chu G, IT WAS THE HEAT MAN!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

LRB

I was sweating in the starting gate.  Usually not a good sign of things to come.

Seconded.

Baboon

delicate flower

I'm wit chu G, IT WAS THE HEAT MAN!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Heh heh...now I need to get working on that 1:29:59 HM...

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Thanks for the kind words and support. I have napped and am now recovering like LRB would recover. Smile  Here is DW recovering. She earned that!

happylily

The way I see it, it was hot and you started too fast. Both things did you in. Without that, you had 3:25. But do I blame you? No! I congratulate you! Welcome to the club of people who are in too big of a hurry to finish those damn stupid marathons. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not sure if the number is accurate but yes, anything above 60F will slow your time down.  I have a conversion table created by my coach that is basically around 5sec/mile per 5F warmer.  And my coach would say it is somewhat accurate (what you said).

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

9.80 on the bike.  90F and 72 dewpoint feels way different on the bike than while running.  Nice breeze.

Damaris