Beginners and Beyond

Question For The Men (Read 178 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Just to help........

I remember a guy (customer of mine at the time) who had it done & was not fully numbed up......"down there"......I'll never forget him telling me that after the doc tied up the one side & reached for the opposite vessicle, he was lifted into a sitting position while screaming at his doctor......"I can feel that!!!  I can feel ALL of that!!!"

Needless to say, they scrambled to numb him some more and finished the job.  He then proceeded to tell me how he went to the movies with his daughter the next day (a mistake he came to regret) and was laid up for an extra week because his juevos swole up to the size of baseballs.

Vasectomy?

How about NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy

RSX

My doctor wanted to tell me what he was doing the whole time. I couldn't even skim the brochure on it, let alone discuss each step. I told him please only tell me when you are halfway done, and almost finished.

In undergrad I had a speaking class where we got to pick our topics. 1 girl unfortunately chose this as a topic. I remember her telling us it wasn't painful but the rest of the speech she was drowned out by guys groaning.

lewjeffrey

Just to help........

I remember a guy (customer of mine at the time) who had it done & was not fully numbed up......"down there"......I'll never forget him telling me that after the doc tied up the one side & reached for the opposite vessicle, he was lifted into a sitting position while screaming at his doctor......"I can feel that!!!  I can feel ALL of that!!!"

A friend of ours ended up having a c-section for her first child.  Apparently the anesthesia never kicked in 100% and when they cut her open to deliver the baby she could feel everything.  Surprisingly enough they went on to have more kids, but I am pretty sure that experience would make me want to have no more.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm sorry, I have no sympathy for you guys.  We have cramps every month and everything that goes along with that, shove insane amounts of hormones into our body in form of birth control for YEARS, probably doing major damage to ourselves, and pop out 6-10 pound babies out our vaginas.  (I have not personally experienced the last, but that's my choice.)

And you guys want to complain a simple procedure that may make you a little uncomfortable for a week?  MAN UP, BOYS! 

Running is dumb.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm sorry, I have no sympathy for you guys.  We have cramps every month and everything that goes along with that, shove insane amounts of hormones into our body in form of birth control for YEARS, probably doing major damage to ourselves, and pop out 6-10 pound babies out our vaginas.  (I have not personally experienced the last, but that's my choice.)

And you guys want to complain a simple procedure that may make you a little uncomfortable for a week?  MAN UP, BOYS! 

And that does not include painful things like endometriosis, fibroids, and other shit.  Not like I'm going through that or anything, maybe a "friend" is.

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

I tell my wife all the time that I'm so glad I'm not a woman, no way I'd want to put up with the stuff women have to deal with.  

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hip Redux

Lawd, I thought you said pop '6-10 babies out' and I'm thinking who the hell wants 10 kids!  Though 6-10 pounds doesn't sound that much more pleasant lol

happylily

Giving birth is nothing. It's carrying 25 lbs of water, gross stuff and a little creature inside of you, for 9 months or so, that is a real pain.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Giving birth is nothing. It's carrying 25 lbs of water, gross stuff and a little creature inside of you, for 9 months or so, that is a real pain.

Yep, we all know that if it were up to men, the earth would be barren land right now.

Motormouse

Proud Aussie

We are not talking about circumcisions!  Oops.  Yeah, I went there.

I watched an adult circumcision on 'Embarrassing Bodies" last night. It looked painful.... very painful.

As for the vasectomy, I'll be in that boat at some stage this year....

Goal: BQ or Bust.  (Done: BQ -5mins July 2014)

Selecting new goal.........

Hip Redux

I watched an adult circumcision on 'Embarrassing Bodies" last night. It looked painful.... very painful.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Plan it for a cutback week and take that week as a rest week.  The next week wear the jock strap while you run to better support everything and you will be fine.  If you have to take a light week of running then no big deal.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Yep, we all know that if it were up to men, the earth would be barren land right now.

Don't be so sure... we are naturally assholes and would goad, dare and ridicule each other into doing it.  Then laugh our asses off at the results...  hell, add some snot bubbles in there, that would be some funny shit.

Btw... don't try to talk your buddy into doing something stupid when you are currently suffering from that very same act... timing!

(Buddy of mine for some odd reason stuck his unit into a jar of fresh cut habenaro peppers, then while crying and rolling around dared me.  Um...  yeah dude, I wasn't stupid enough to think that was a bright idea before you did it...  But here, let me tear up laughing at your dumbass, add a snotbubble.)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I have a "friend"* who is also a runner and the same age as me.  He is considering getting a vasectomy, but isn't sure about the recovery time and how that will effect his running.  Has anyone here had the procedure and how long did it take you to get back to 100 percent?

He will probably recover fairly quickly, as the others said, about a week to two weeks or so.

I had mine several years ago and the thing I found out to watch for is....don't slide back in your chair too fast....cuz if you hit the scars 'just right' when you do that, then your voice goes up an octave or two for a while.... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Don't be so sure... we are naturally assholes and would goad, dare and ridicule each other into doing it.  Then laugh our asses off at the results...

There is a ton of truth to that!