Beginners and Beyond

Onemile's Indy Monumental RR (Read 82 times)

Cyberic

In your photo you really do not want to go out in the cold - priceless.

I've looked at your pic a few times already and it puts a smile on my face, how it shows that you don't want to go out in the cold. Priceless, for sure Big grin

LRB

I've looked at your pic a few times already and it puts a smile on my face, how it shows that you don't want to go out in the cold. Priceless, for sure Big grin

I preferred the bloody knee.  If you zoom in on it you can see there is a party going on, and I am all about a party! 

Wow, onemile.  Flawless execution, very nicely done.  I like how you scrapped the clock-watching at the end and just ran.

Do you do the majority of your training in Mirages?  For me, they feel super comfortable as a tempo or shorter race shoe, but with 3 decent marathons in Elixirs, I'm loathe to change what works.

onemile

I preferred the bloody knee.  If you zoom in on it you can see there is a party going on, and I am all about a party! 

OMG 

onemile

Wow, onemile.  Flawless execution, very nicely done.  I like how you scrapped the clock-watching at the end and just ran.

Do you do the majority of your training in Mirages?  For me, they feel super comfortable as a tempo or shorter race shoe, but with 3 decent marathons in Elixirs, I'm loathe to change what works.

Thanks. I really love the Mirage. This is my second marathon in them and they felt perfect - light yet cushioned.  They are my favorite shoe.  I usually wear them for 3 runs a week, which includes my long run, tempo and intervals. Sometimes I will use Saucony Fastwitch for shorter speedwork sessions but they are a much harder shoe and I feel like my legs take a lot more pounding from them.  And then for my short, easy / recovery runs I wear Brooks Adrenaline.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

OMG I cannot believe you ran virtually even splits after the fall!  The knee looked gruesome!  

Congrats on a massive and very well-earned PR!  You are one tough (and fast) cookie!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

That photo of you is awesome.    Huge congrats on totally murdering your marathon!  Are you done now, or are you going to keep pushing for sub 3:20?

Running is dumb.

onemile

T.O. - Thanks

Mandy - I am planning to run Boston for fun but I might go for the sub-3:20 next year at Monumental.