Beginners and Beyond

Penguins' February Weight Loss Challenge (Read 69 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Half Crazy K 2.0

So I was a little disappointed that I didn't weigh more this morning. My other challenge weighs in on Mondays, and I was 172 last Monday, which I sort of assumed would be starting point for this thing. However this morning I was 168. Which I guess is a good thing, except I was really only targeting to get to 165.

I had the same thought. I was at 145.5 Monday.

I have a cheap scale, so I only get .5 increments.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jill.

Penguin Power!

143.5  (ugh carbs, ugh thai food).  I was at 135 before Christmas so that would be absolutely ideal, but honestly just getting it going in the right direction would be lovely.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Probably not the best choice of meal to start the Weight Loss Challenge.  My DW twisted my arm to eat at Farm Burger in Decatur, GA.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Zelanie

You're just giving the rest of us a head start. Smile

I just tried the food tracker for the fitbit.  I've been using the weight watchers tracker, and probably will continue to use it, but am looking forward to trying something new too.

tracilynn

"Lose it" is a good app for the iPhone. You can scan bar codes into it and choose your portion size. Very handy

~~~~~~~

Traci

Amazonian Princess

Mr Bacon and I each stepped on the scale and prefer not to post numbers; please use "XX" for me and "XY" for Mr Bacon.

I regained 24 pounds in the past 2 years since my "oh, shit" moment, but last month I  donated six bags of clothes that were too big for me. WTF?

I can. I will. I am. 

Hey everyone, here I am bringing up the rear (ha ha) as usual. I've been MIA for the past week but alive and well. Count me in!!!

I'm starting at 153 and want to get to 145 by the end of of this challenge. So glad this actually took flight.

Zelanie -- Holy Cow!!! 100 pounds. That's freakin' amazing!!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

hog4life

Arg...I forgot to weigh myself yesterday cause I usually do it on Sunday. But I'll just stick with Sundays to be consistent.

hog4life

Did i win something yet?

on my way to badass

I'm in. Starting at X. 5 pounds would go a long way to making me faster (its not a stretch, I am, after all, a penguin).

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Zelanie

Woo!  18 people have signed up so far!

I have to say that I am finding this way more motivating than I thought.  I've been kinda sorta halfassing it lately, now it's go time.  I have my fitbit tracker set up to the 1,000 calorie daily deficit.  I'm not used to thinking in calories, so it will be interesting to compare it to points.  Fitbit also gives you the percentage of calories from fat, carbs, etc. which is interesting.   At least one day in, my percentages of each seem to be in the recommended range for everything.

Anyway, on day 1, I was 128 calories over budget.   Then I plugged the nutrient details into WW, and ended up 4 points over budget there.  Actually fairly similar since I didn't take out the points for the fruits and veggies., I just added everything in one lump sum.

tracilynn

18 people is great!

My sister just brought over 2 dozen KRISPY Kreme DOUGHNUTS. I hope I can stay strong. I did run 8 miles today though. (No! Shut up inner voice)

~~~~~~~

Traci