Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #31 (Read 33 times)

RunningOnSand

Cherub #2 seems to have caught the plague. Went from no fever, to a 102* fever in 2 hours. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, Ginny!

Damaris

DavePNW

Movie time! We bought a package to see all 7 Best Picture Oscar nominees for $35. (It excludes the two nominees on Netflix.) We haven’t seen any of them yet, so it’s a pretty good deal even if we don’t quite make it to all of them. Tonight is Jojo Rabbit, which we’re looking forward to.

Wow, that was really good.

Dave

Cyberic

Ginny, that really sucks. I don't know how I'd react in the moment, hard to say, but I'd be solidly pissed, that's for sure.

RunningOnSand

Wow, that was really good.

I just watched the trailer, b/c I didn't even know what movie that was (b/c of my living under a rock, lol).  It looks really good.

DavePNW

I just watched the trailer, b/c I didn't even know what movie that was (b/c of my living under a rock, lol).  It looks really good.

It was pretty wide-ranging in emotions; it was partially a farcical comedy, but took place in Germany near the end of WWII, so parts were distinctly not comedic. But very well done in both aspects, I highly recommend it. Also the writer/director, Taika Waititi, is from New Zealand with a Maori father, but his mother is Jewish (maiden name Cohen), so that gives some additional perspective.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Finally watched The Gentlemen.

Damaris