Beginners and Beyond

4titude - formerly known as Team 4 (2014) (Read 50 times)

Motormouse

Proud Aussie

Hi Everyone on team 4!

Craig is my name, and I run Down Under, so my posting times may be a little out of sync with the rest of the teams, but being in a GMT+10hrs timezone means I'll be posting my miles fairly early after the Post-Em thread is started each week.

I'm looking forward to running with you and getting to know you all as the year goes by. This will be my 4th year in this competition, and I've 'met' some really great people because of it.

Run well Team 4!

Goal: BQ or Bust.  (Done: BQ -5mins July 2014)

Selecting new goal.........

Rubybaby43

enabler

Hi Everyone on team 4!

Craig is my name, and I run Down Under, so my posting times may be a little out of sync with the rest of the teams, but being in a GMT+10hrs timezone means I'll be posting my miles fairly early after the Post-Em thread is started each week.

I'm looking forward to running with you and getting to know you all as the year goes by. This will be my 4th year in this competition, and I've 'met' some really great people because of it.

Run well Team 4!

Oh boy....referring back to your RW post, when you BQ, you will have a ways to travel for that race!  Not that you are the only one, but that is a hike! 

KLO

more miles = more beer

Rubybaby43

enabler

I messaged camille2, maybe she will see it tomorrow.

Thanks, Mitch!

KLO

more miles = more beer

Rubybaby43

enabler

I have also messaged camille2 through RA.  And lewjeffrey and mistyvs have been tagged on Facebook.

It's a busy time right now, so I'm patient.  I am just posting all these now while I have a little down time.....feels so good to get off my feet!

KLO

more miles = more beer

Motormouse

Proud Aussie

Oh boy....referring back to your RW post, when you BQ, you will have a ways to travel for that race!  Not that you are the only one, but that is a hike! 

A trip to the USA has always been on the cards for us. My DW watches a number of American families on you tube  videos and fell in love with the scenery etc there. I've come to know so many runners in the States that I'd love to have a FE with some of them (Particularly the members of one of my former teams Tramps Like Us who took out the competition a few years back and regularly meet up for the NC 24 hour race in Cleveland.)

Similarly, a lot of former team mates have said they'd love to visit here, and we're in a prime tourist location. I'd love to take some of them for a run on my local routes.

One day......

Goal: BQ or Bust.  (Done: BQ -5mins July 2014)

Selecting new goal.........

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Craig where in Australia do you live? And even though I don't "know" you yet, if you find yourself in NYC I would be more than happy to A) take you for a run on some awesome routes even though you'd have to slow down for me, and/or B) show you around not running

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Craig where in Australia do you live? And even though I don't "know" you yet, if you find yourself in NYC I would be more than happy to A) take you for a run on some awesome routes even though you'd have to slow down for me, and/or B) show you around not running

If I were to have "met" you back in '06, I would have taken this offer. I drove up to Boston and Hartford from NC, directions had me going straight through NYC on I-95. This ole redneck country boy made a big detour and went around your great city. Now I feel like a wuss for not going through there. Sad

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

If I were to have "met" you back in '06, I would have taken this offer. I drove up to Boston and Hartford from NC, directions had me going straight through NYC on I-95. This ole redneck country boy made a big detour and went around your great city. Now I feel like a wuss for not going through there. Sad

Aww! We are not so bad! And if you can run a large race with several thousand participants you can handle Times Square (the sheer volume of people always walking around is intimidating and overwhelming.....but not more so than a very crowded race).

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Rubybaby43

enabler

Team 4 is still on the hunt for our last teammate: lewjeffrey!!

Come out, come out wherever you are, lewjeffrey

KLO

more miles = more beer

lewjeffrey

Hey Teammates!  I actually almost deleted my facebook account!   Glad I got the message!  Ready for the competition and glad to be with y'all!  Don't have a lot of time to right now, but will say more later.

lewjeffrey

Sorry for the delay with checking in.  My name is Jeff, but I go by Lew.  I am on vacation this week and not online a ton.  I am hoping to join the facebook group soon and looking forward to the motivation that this group will provide for me to finally get a solid 12 months of running in.  This is my first time in the competition and I'll do my hardest to meet my goals.  I typically fizzle out after the fall marathon I do every two years (this year Marine Corp Marathon is on tap for me).  January and February are typically slower running months for me as I don't like cold weather and usually start to find motivation in the new year once it gets warmer and my spring half marathon gets closer.

Hope everyone is having a happy holiday season!

Rubybaby43

enabler

Hi, Lew!!  Welcome to the team!

We are now complete and just need to vote on a team name.  Voting is happening on our Facebook page!

KLO

more miles = more beer

Rubybaby43

enabler

Team 4:  Be sure to visit our Facebook group page and vote on a team name!  I would like to get that submitted to the officials ASAP!

KLO

more miles = more beer

Rubybaby43

enabler

Voting is done.  Five more days of 2013, then it's time to get down to business as a shiny new team in a shiny new year. 

KLO

more miles = more beer

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay 4titude!