Beginners and Beyond

Track Coach Fired for Running Boston (Read 82 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's why I had a sticking tongue out emoticon  I figured you were being sarcastic. Something like this just really irritates me, the Potter guy reminds me of the Stapler guy in The Office.... you'd have to scroll down through the comments to understand what I mean, I think someone posted an actual image of the Potter guy.

Oh, I agree  - sarcasm is hard to read on the intarwebz

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Matt Aguero has a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mattaguero

Yes, I can be a bit of a stalker  And apparently even Boston.com is posting about it.....

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/2014/06/05/oklahoma-school-fires-running-coach-for-running-boston-marathon/0RSADTqQpamb4jwqvtDilI/story.html

http://nesn.com/2014/06/college-head-track-coach-fired-for-running-2014-boston-marathon/

Some lucky school is going to get hold of this guy, lol. St. Gregory University's loss.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

RSX

Matt Aguero has a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mattaguero

Yes, I can be a bit of a stalker  And apparently even Boston.com is posting about it.....

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/2014/06/05/oklahoma-school-fires-running-coach-for-running-boston-marathon/0RSADTqQpamb4jwqvtDilI/story.html

http://nesn.com/2014/06/college-head-track-coach-fired-for-running-2014-boston-marathon/

Some lucky school is going to get hold of this guy, lol. St. Gregory University's loss.

My local FB friends are posting about this also

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dude their FB page is blowing up,, I am surprised St. Greg's FB hasn't been locked yet lol.  Again, I would love for my son to be coached by such a great athlete... this Potter wacko is off his rocker and on some sort of power craze, someone mentioned on their page that earlier this year he fired another athletic coach for no reason.

My local FB friends are posting about this also

PRs

Baboon

delicate flower

haha the last thing any school or administration wants is for something like this to hit the news and mainstream social media.  To them I say good luck dealing with that mess.  Big grin

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Definitely.

haha the last thing any school or administration wants is for something like this to hit the news and mainstream social media.  To them I say good luck dealing with that mess.  Big grin

PRs

Philliefan33

The track coach at DD's alma mater will not be returning next year.  I wonder if coach Aguero would like to move to PA and coach a DIII team?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Somebody should holler at him, at least he'd be closer to Boston Smile

The track coach at DD's alma mater will not be returning next year.  I wonder if coach Aguero would like to move to PA and coach a DIII team?

PRs

Love the Half

This is a really strange story.  Wow.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Aguero will probably get quite the nice job now because of this.  But the real problem is the damage that Potter has done to the school.  That was a great coach who did great things for the school that he just fired.  Total tool!

Yes, and yes.

"Hey, want to come run at the school where we fired a 2:30 marathoner as coach because he ran the Boston Marathon and finished in the top 200?  You know, we asked him not to go, because it would be selfish of him to personally enjoy his training and talent on his own time."

"Yeah, no."

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, yeah. They don't have very intelligent people running the show there.

Yes, and yes.

"Hey, want to come run at the school where we fired a 2:30 marathoner as coach because he ran the Boston Marathon and finished in the top 200?  You know, we asked him not to go, because it would be selfish of him to personally enjoy his training and talent on his own time."

"Yeah, no."

PRs