Beginners and Beyond

DAILIES for Wednesday (Read 45 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning Dailies!

Good to hear that knee is better Baboon. I purchased a pair of Brooks Essential Shorts and they sort of bind for a while in the crotch until you get a good mile and then they seem to work themselves out. Maybe I should look at a different Brand like 2XU or PI.

I did an Easy 4 this morning. Legs felt like lead. I don't know what is going on. I threw a couple of strides in during Mile 2 just to shake out a bit. I finished the 4 feeling good. I was thinking during my run how much I love running in my Pure Connects. It's too bad I haven't ran in anything over 6 or so miles in them or else I'd strongly consider wearing them for the HM on Saturday. I think I'll stick with my Nike Frees for now. Tomorrow and Friday are SRDs for me, thank goodness. It seems like I need them.

Have a great day!

- Andrew

DavePNW

Would have been a nice morning for a run, but I had to be at work at 6:30 for a global videoconference. Not getting up early enough to run before that. So this would have made it a lunchtime run, but the boss asked me if I wanted to go to the Tigers game today - they play at 1:00. Who am I to turn down that kind of offer? So I will be left with the option of an evening run, potentially with a few beers in my system. We'll see how that goes.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

B-Plus

Baboon - It sounds like you're coming along nicely. Keep up the great work.

I'll run about 3.5 miles after work + some hip work. Hopefully it won't be raining later.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

This restaurant on the San Antonio Riverwalk has gone to the dogs!

San Antonio-based Paesanos Restaurant Group will celebrate the grand opening of its latest concept, Charlie Wants a Burger, on May 25. Located at 223 Losoya Street along the River Walk, Charlie Wants a Burger will feature a dog-friendly riverside patio. The venue is named for a Jack Russell Terrier named Charlie, which PRG officials say is a “personality-packed” pup known for his “mealtime antics.”  But Charlie wants more than a burger. He wants to lend a hand — or rather, a paw — to his fellow pups.  The restaurant will also include a gift shop, Charlie’s Market, which will sell items tailored to customers of the two- and four-legged variety. Ten percent of all merchandise sales from Charlie’s Market will benefit the San Antonio Humane Society. Charlie Wants a Burger will have a special to-go menu for dogs — including the Charlie’s Burgers peanut-butter biscuit and Whatta Good Boy Biscuits in a variety of flavors.  Oh, and the restaurant will sell people food too — including 10 different types of burgers, hot dogs, and a line-up of decadent drinks, like the Eight-gauge Shotgun milkshake made with Jack Daniels whiskey. http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/blog/2013/05/charlie-wants-a-burger-to-open-may-25.html

I may have to visit this place!

Non-running day for me today.  I may go to the gym after work and so some type of aerobic activity, like the stairmaster, or rowing machine or stationary bike.

Glad you are running well, Phil!  My favorite shorts are the longer-length Race Ready shorts with all the pockets.  They are probably more expensive than other shorts, but I certainly get my money's worth, they usually last me about 10 years!

Enjoy your down days, Andrew, and good luck with the upcoming half!

Nice, leave work early to go to the baseball game!  Have fun, DaveP!

Good luck with your miles B-Plus.

I agree with Bruce, Tom..you can never have enough running shoes, lol. I just bought yet another pair of Nimbus 14 last night.   Hope your  run went well.

Gee, Bruce, that sounds like a run that Damaris or I would have, lol, with our temperatures after work.  Welcome to our world!   And yeah, pretty soon I'll have to do morning runs too...weather folks around here are predicting LOTS of high 90s temps coming up for us in June, oh fun.   Roll eyes    Good luck with your 9 miles!

Happy lunch with your nephew, Sarah! Nice that you may get your cast off early!

Hope your fartlek run goes well, April!

Congrats on the miles, marjorie.  Enjoy your dinner with Damaris!

Maybe the massage will help with the hip, Step.   Enjoy the dinner with your friends!

Sorry about the blister, Oski.   Get some "Second Skin" at  Target or Walmart, or Walgreen's or CVS, etc., places like that.

Sorry about the hip, Dave, hope the rest day helps.

Congrats on your mile swim, Beth!    In a pool, no less.  How many darn laps do you have to swim to get a full mile in?  Seems like it would get really monotonous after a while.

LRB's Adrenalines have been laid to rest;

They did not pass the mileage test.

So a moment of silence, let's please all hush

For this adrenaline that did not give a rush.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning!  I have an SRD today.

Dinner with Marjorie, though.  So, yay.

And, of course, the photos will follow....

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Last night I got my new Kinarva 3s in the mail from Running Warehouse; $60 on clearance, not bad!  I ran six in them last night and they seem like good shoes, but I hope they offer enough support. I know this; they made me "feel" fast. I imagine that is how racing flats feel. Tonight I am doing seven miles with some short hill repeats built in (thanks, LRB). Have a good day, Dailies. Smile

Zentastic

Chasing Rainbows

Howdy Dailies!

15K at a recovery pace for me. I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the mountains just as the sunrise was bathing the peaks with a golden glow. Nice way to start the day.

The obstacle is the path. - Zen proverb

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Last night I got my new Kinarva 3s in the mail from Running Warehouse; $60 on clearance, not bad!  I ran six in them last night and they seem like good shoes, but I hope they offer enough support. I know this; they made me "feel" fast. I imagine that is how racing flats feel. Tonight I am doing seven miles with some short hill repeats built in (thanks, LRB). Have a good day, Dailies. Smile

Jack, I was looking at those for my next trainers. Do you think they could hold up as a solid trainer for Marathon training? I would probably want something for my LRs.

- Andrew

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jack, I was looking at those for my next trainers. Do you think they could hold up as a solid trainer for Marathon training? I would probably want something for my LRs.

I have only had one run in them so far and they feel good. They are very light and "fast" feeling but I wonder if they are "too" light for a trainer. They were a great price but I hope they last more than 250 miles. I am a mid to forefoot striker so I think they will. Maybe someone else can chime in?

Robert31320

Team TJ

1.5 mile run done...about half of which was a desperate run back home....Shocked

Running for TJ because he can't.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sounds like a scenic run, zentastic.

Jack, enjoy the new shoes!  Hope they give you the support you need, too.  I know how you feel.  I'm a fat guy, so I tend to go with a more supportive shoe.   The Nimbus works for me fine. I tried the Cumulus once - pretty much the same exact shoe as the Nimbus, except that is it way lighter, just did not give me the support at all that I needed.  I felt I was 'crushing" those things!  So I'll just stick with the Nimbus.  As said many times by many folks "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Ummm, hope you made it home in time, Robert!  What are some of the things you can do for situations like this?  Well, depends.... Joking

3.8 done.....running 3/4 mile walking 1/4 mike seems to be working . Man have I missed running......last day on the beach home on Friday Dangit!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Oh, I forgot to tell y'all......remember my colorful Nimbus "clown' shoes that I posted a photo of w while back?  Well, I bought a 2nd pair last night, another nice deal, they were on sale.  And Gail and I had a conversation about them:

Gail:  Don't you already have a pair of those?"

Me: "Yes. But they have ORANGE laces.  I want to buy another pair and put my YELLOW laces in the 2nd pair, so they will match my yellow running shirt, socks, etc."

Gail: "You can't just take the orange laces out of the first pair and put the yellow laces in?"

Me:  What?!  You mean put the laces in and take them out again EVERY time between each run or race I do?  What a pain!  This way, I can just put each pair on and go!"

Gail:  "What if you want to wear your red running shirt or your blue one?"

Me:  "I've got that covered already, I have a pair of blue/white Nimbus with red laces and another pair with blue laces."

Gail, to the Nth degree of eye rolling:  Roll eyes Roll eyesRoll eyesRoll eyesRoll eyesRoll eyesRoll eyesRoll eyesRoll eyes.   And then, sarcastically..  "Too bad you can't find a running shirt  and running socks as multi-colored as your clown shoes."

lol.   Well, hey, she should be happy about my mid-life-crisis 'running fashionista" habit...at least I didn't get a blonde and a motorcycle... Joking

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I've been a major RA slacker lately....sorry! It is my last week at my job so I am busy busy busy trying to get paperwork done, pack stuff up, ect ect.... just saying hi quickly. So.. HI Smile

...I don't even want to talk about running. I have been sucking at running lately. I'm "tapering" for my 10K this weekend. We'll go with that??

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

I have only had one run in them so far and they feel good. They are very light and "fast" feeling but I wonder if they are "too" light for a trainer. They were a great price but I hope they last more than 250 miles. I am a mid to forefoot striker so I think they will. Maybe someone else can chime in?

You are right to be cautious, my DST's caused an ITB flareup at mile 11 of a 12 mile run.  I switched the insoles and have run up to 8 miles in them since without a problem, but I am not ready to try anything longer than that right now.

It would be so cool if I could run a marathon in them, but that is a pipe dream at best.  I would be lucky to even run a half in them, which I am not even willing to try that at the moment.

Enjoy the repeats!

Scotty that was funny!

You are gonna love the game Dave!  It is a fantastic atmosphere down there!