Beginners and Beyond

Just set that down next to the Thursdailies (Read 314 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Looks like the "move in" continues with the arrival of the teams!

Runshortii

SRD for me. I work until 8:30 am and then again at 3pm. What the heck was I thinking?!
        B-Plus

Are you allowed to start both threads :-p

I didn't run yesterday.

I ran 10 miles is afternoon @ 7:49, which gave me a big goose egg for the winter running contest. I'll take thatvtrade-off thiugh for shortsleeve weather. This time I took the subway to Nagoya Castle, which was way better than running 3 miles to get there with all the traffic lights that take about 3 minutes each. I did 2 loops - about 1.6 miles each - and then I found a "jogingu ko-su" across the street at Meijo Park so I proceeded to do some laps there. It was a 1300 metre gravel loop. I'll be back at the same place tomorrow for some miles, and then back home on Saturday.

Good morning!

Thanks for starting today's dailies, Gustav.

runshortii, enjoy your SRD.

B-Plus, great run!

I'm on my way to the gym to do weights and thirty minutes of cardio.
            Weezer88

Cool Morning eveyone!

SRD for me today to give the legs some rest.

Be well runshortii, B-Plus and Gustav!

I AM WEEZER.

@runjerseygirl

I really want to do 3 on my lunch today, but I have to go renew my drivers license before it expires tomorrow. Sad

Do you even run?

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Lilac - the Indian place is that one on 248. It's in that no where zone of Palmer, Nazareth, Easton, etc. They always have a great buffet selection.

Still no running for me - just eating, or as I refer to it as "crosstraining with the knife and fork"!

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Good morning dailiers,

runshortii & Weezer - make the most of those SRDs & relax!

Basaya - enjoy the gym this morning.  What your favorite form of gym cardio?  I'm trying to make a list of ideas to ask my surgeon about (whether or not I can do them) - elliptical, swimming, walking...what else?

B-Plus - enjoy that short sleeve weather while you can.  I'm so envious!

KayPS - hope that driver's license renewal is quick & painless.  I despise going to the DMV!

Gustav - I hear ya on the no running/knife & fork training!  ugh.  Trying to force myself to stay out of the kitchen.

Another 3.2 mile walk last night.  It's getting more frustrating because I already feel back to 100% - in fact, I feel even better that before my surgery!  

Follow-up appointment with my surgeon today to get my stitches out.  Maybe he'll tell me I've miraculously healed and can start running tomorrow??  Joking

29 more days!

Angela 

delicate flower

Grande acapulcos, mi salamis!  It would appear we all made it to Thursday.  Congratulations to you all.

My 13 mile run last night turned into an 11 miler (9:30 pace).  I had zero energy and was ready to quit at mile five.  Problem was, I was five miles from the house.  It's a good thing I wasn't on the treadmill last night or that 11 miler probably would have been a four miler.  Still, it wasn't an entirely bad run as bad runs go.  It's not like I had to stop and take a break...I was just low on energy and my legs wouldn't move any faster.  But, today is a new day.  8 miles at recovery pace on tap.

DW bought me an ASUS Transformer tablet.  Freakin SWEET.  I can't wait to play with it tonight!  Speaking of tonight, it's a football night, folks.  Plan accordingly.     

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD or 3 miles, not sure yet.

Hope everybody is having a great day!

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, folks. Not much sleep again last night, but this time I have no one to blame but myself for staying up too late. So no excuses. I'll try to get the run I missed yesterday (5-6 miles) in before today's strength training class. Should be sunny and 33* at that time - shorts? Maybe.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Should be sunny and 33* at that time - shorts? Maybe.

Heh...sunny and 33 for me means track pants, a warm long sleeve top, hat, and gloves.  Big grin

<3

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good morning, Dailies!

SRD for me, though I might do a quick 3 or 4 on the TM this morning, depending on how things go. I start back on night shifts tonight.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Samurai in Training

Checking out the new dailies diggs.  I like what you did with the place.  Hitting the gym after work for some cardio.