Beginners and Beyond

Reluctant DAILIES (Read 37 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Z - I agree with Beth! You will have a massive base.

Basya - I've been thinking about putting a compression question to the group. I use compression socks after my long runs - love them! - and have a pair of compression sleeves, but I think I've only worn the sleeves twice. Once for a long run and then during my 24-hour run. So I don't have a good feel for whether they help with performance during a run and/or recovery after. I'd love to hear experiences from other runners who have used compression wear.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I assume so.  We had a fire earlier last week which is why I had to go up the asbestos stairs and almost got an asthma attack.  So, the building is open and we are allowed to go to the office to pick whatever we need.  But I will be checking emails from the blackberry and staying here instead of submitting my lungs to that again.  Office is formally closed but the attorneys work.  Fortunately, my judge left for New Zealand so I don't have court or anything major to do.

Get one of those breather filter things from Home Depot and then go to the office. A high quality one will filter out Asbestos dust along with just about every other airborne particle that exists.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Get one of those breather filter things from Home Depot and then go to the office. A high quality one will filter out Asbestos dust along with just about every other airborne particle that exists.

I'll check one of those!  Thanks. The government says there is no more asbestos anymore.  But they keep doing clean ups of the stairs.  I don't believe them any more.

Damaris

Hip Redux

I have compression gear - both recovery and ones for use while running.

I get a lot of relief from fatigue/tired legs when I wear my Zoot recovery leggings.   Because they are not intended to be run in, they are pretty constrictive.  They make my legs happy.

I like my running compression gear - it feels good to wear while running, etc. but I don't notice any large improvements in speed, fatigue etc.  They are not nearly as compressive as my recovery leggings, obviously because you need to move in them. lol

YMMV  Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I wear sleeves or compression socks for races, long runs, any time that my calves are particularly cramp-y (generally my chief complaint) or my shins are being fussy, and for recovery when my calves or shins feel like they took a beating that day. I swear they work but I have not done any sort of testing to figure out for sure. They feel good on my legs, especially if my calves are sore or have been having cramps/spasms lately so I guess that is all that matters.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to