Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies (Read 42 times)

LRB

Forecast for the next week here. 

Night snow, morning snow, no snow, snow, snow, snow. lol

LRB

Did you add the free grocery bag to your cart?  Noob?

I forgot to laugh out loud at that, so lol.

LRB

And I am an idiot because I got all excited thinking you were talking about an actual fox, like the adorable dog-like animal, until I got to the part about the elliptical. I don't think they have the capability of doing that, haha.

That was funny. The actual animal is one of the coolest looking mammals around. I was tooling down the street here once and saw one dart out in front of me and into the woods. There is no mistaking what they are.

Half Crazy K 2.0

That was funny. The actual animal is one of the coolest looking mammals around. I was tooling down the street here once and saw one dart out in front of me and into the woods. There is no mistaking what they are.

Not always. We have a fenced in backyard and live with a mile or so of a huge state park, so plenty of wild life sightings. A few years ago, I was making my coffee in the morning and saw something in the backyard. My initial reaction, how the eff did someone's dog get in there. Then I realized it was not a dog but a fox. I guess I really need my coffee in the morning. I went out on the deck to scare it out of the yard because my dog would not have liked the visitor much.

DavePNW

And I am an idiot because I got all excited thinking you were talking about an actual fox, like the adorable dog-like animal, until I got to the part about the elliptical. I don't think they have the capability of doing that, haha.

I actually thought this at first too, as I have not heard the term used to describe an attractive woman in a very long time, old man.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Trying to cancel Pilates (and move it to tomorrow) because of work.  Cannot make it this afternoon.  Hopefully, I will finish with this before our dinner or I'll have to do it late tonight.  Weights and core done during my break.

ETA: Moved to next week.  Now off to court, ha!

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

HEY!  Today's plan was to get up at 5:00 AM and hit the gym for a 40 minute treadmill speed session.  Today's reality was shutting off the alarm, sleeping until 6:30, and rescheduling the run for 5:00 PM.  90 extra minutes of sleep sure did hit the spot.

+2!   I am right with you, Baboon.  One reason I like my 0700-1600 work hours...plenty of time after work to get a run/walk in and still be home by 1830 to 1900.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Forecast for the next week here. 

Oski, you are welcome to come visit for a winter get-away anytime!  San Antonio forecast...

Run in the sun, followed by beer - or your drink of choice - at one of the San Antonio Riverwalk patio eateries.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

+3.  I work 8-4:30, which gives me enough time to run 1-2 hours, cook dinner, and either work some more or watch a movie with hubby.  Which is why Tuesday almost got screwed up when I left court at 5pm and had a 2 hour commute instead of my usual.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oski, you are welcome to come visit for a winter get-away anytime!  San Antonio forecast...

Interesting that Monday is a hot day there too.  We are hitting 85F then.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I actually thought this at first too, as I have not heard the term used to describe an attractive woman in a very long time, old man.

Gee...and here I recognized right away what LRB was talking about....guess I'm showing my age too, lol.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Were people stalking me at my race last Sunday, lol?  Here is yet another photo another friend got of me on the course....

BTW, that tall guy beside me in the white shirt is a friend of mine...retired Chief Master Sergeant from the Air Force and he is a power walker.  That guy walks about an 8  to 9-minute mile!  He finished the 7K ahead of me while I was still out on the course doing my turtle pace.

LRB

I am not Father Time. 

I might be related to Methuselah though. 

Little Blue

I just got home from painting at my IL's house, followed by rescuing DH with a flat tire on the trailer.   What I've noticed in the three pages of this thread, is an unusual amount of face palming.

I don't really have a reason, just wanted to join in.

Hip Redux

What are you hearing about the weekend snow?  Round these Massachusetts parts, I'm hearing 1-2 feet?  

So far, they have no real clue.   But Weather.com is putting out a foot or so for MA: http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/news/next-winter-storm-northeast-great-lakes