Beginners and Beyond

I'm not saying I have a problem (Read 129 times)

Nevrgivup

This is sort-of on the same page as finding a pair of dress pants that you love so much, that you buy a pair in every color that they carry. Good for you for getting a good deal.

The most I've ever stocked up on, was 3 pairs of running shoes, than I got injured.  Finding a shoe that you love, is worth stocking up though. IMO.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Not being familiar enough with the Saucony line to know what those are by looking.........WHAT MODEL IS THAT???

TIA

Randy

I love Saucony! I like the idea of using different laces to keep track.  Smile

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

Zelanie

I think they're Cortanas.

hugsy

What I'm saying is that if you got 4 pairs for $0, then 5 pairs for $50 is still like $10 a pair. Smile

Still not comprehending where you got your numbers.

I letter and date the back heel of my shoes with a Sharpe.
            Daves_Not_Here

I don't see a problem...I took advantage of a killer online sale right after Thanksgiving and now own 4 pairs of ASIC Kayanos.

LRB

This is sort-of on the same page as finding a pair of dress pants that you love so much, that you buy a pair in every color that they carry.

I do that with slacks, jeans and tops. 

Love the Half

I always order three pairs of Asics Nimbus at the same time so I can rotate them.  It allows me to get in about 700 miles on each pair and saves me money in the long run.  When I get them, I take a Sharpie and mark one pair "A", one pair "B", and one pair "C" on the inside midsole.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Mmmmm...beer

Not being familiar enough with the Saucony line to know what those are by looking.........WHAT MODEL IS THAT???

TIA

They're Virratas.  I've been running in Kinvaras and Cortanas and have been wanting to try the Virratas since they came out, but I'm cheap, so I waited for them to go on clearance.  I bought one pair to try and fell in love.  They fit perfect, have about the same amount of cushioning as the Kinvaras, but they're lighter.  They're zero drop vs. the Kinvara/Cortana 4mm drop, but I haven't noticed any difference as far as that goes.  I did a 22 miler in them and they were great, so they're going to be my marathon shoe for my upcoming race, and will replace my Kinvaras for training as they wear out.  I'll pick up some more Kinvaras when the 4s go one clearance.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

With the different color laces, you can color coordinate with your shirt.  That solves the color coordination problem.

Zelanie

Ooh, Virratas.  They looked heavier than that in the picture, maybe because I'm not used to looking at the mens' ones?

Hugsy- Here is my "justtifying buying another pair" logic:

If the shoes are on clearance for $50/pair, and I have $200 credit, then...

if I buy 4 pairs, I pay $0 and they're free, BUT

if I buy 5 pairs, then I pay $50, essentially getting 5 pairs of shoes for $10/pair.   Makes perfect sense, right?

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Yeah, gonna have to come up with a system, either mark the tongues or maybe different laces.  I'm only going to rotate two pairs at a time tho, so that will help. Smile

Magic marker numbers under the shoe insert works for me.

The different colored laces sounds like a good solution.

....and then you can name each pair.  Tongue

Zelanie

The different colored laces sounds like a good solution.

....and then you can name each pair.  Tongue

The real question will be- which is the "best" pair of the lot?  I have 3 pairs of Kinvara 3s at the moment, and one pair is mysteriously better than the others.

Rondog65

Been there, done that!!!

I just store them in the original  box and labeled the box "A" through "D"

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)