Beginners and Beyond

Paging Disney runners (Read 71 times)

slowrunningjulie

When does the Goofy Challenge usually sell out? I know that registration opens in mid-March.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

sirdizzy

It sells out when they get enough crazies with disposable cash to sign up for it Wink

Docket_Rocket

My first time I signed up around Thanksgiving.  This year I think it sold out a bit earlier, but I didn't pay attention to it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

I "think" this year, it sold out in August or early September, but I could be wrong about that.  The good thing about Run Disney is once the race is 50% full, they keep their page updated with the %.  If you see it hit 90% or more, register because it usually sells out quickly after that.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

slowrunningjulie

I "think" this year, it sold out in August or early September, but I could be wrong about that.  The good thing about Run Disney is once the race is 50% full, they keep their page updated with the %.  If you see it hit 90% or more, register because it usually sells out quickly after that.

That is good news. I am running an out-of-state marathon in March and was thinking that it would kind of a big chunk of change to register for Goofy in the same month that I do that. If it doesn't sell out until the summer, that gives me some time to save my pennies. Thanks!

Upcoming:

slowrunningjulie

It sells out when they get enough crazies with disposable cash to sign up for it Wink

I think that is true of pretty much anything Disney-related.

Upcoming:

Just B.S.

Diz, same could be said for IronMan's.

so i shouldnt worry about trying to sign up for the disney races in April when it opens?

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Ball of Fury

I definitely think you will be fine to wait until summer!

That is good news. I am running an out-of-state marathon in March and was thinking that it would kind of a big chunk of change to register for Goofy in the same month that I do that. If it doesn't sell out until the summer, that gives me some time to save my pennies. Thanks!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

The full sold out in September of this year, Goofy was in early August.  I registered for the full on August 29th and it closed out within 2 weeks after.  If I remember the Goofy was already sold out.  So I would say that July should be your drop dead date, maybe the 4th of July to be safe.

You Rang?

You need not worry about registering for Goofy in March.  Registration for the WDW Marathon Weekend events opens on April 9th.  I'm contemplating making the WDW my first marathon, but won't be in a position to pull the trigger until I get some work related stuff worked out.

DisneyLAND races sell out very quickly.  The Disneyland Half sold out in a little over a day.

Rick

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

slowrunningjulie

You need not worry about registering for Goofy in March.  Registration for the WDW Marathon Weekend events opens on April 9th.  I'm contemplating making the WDW my first marathon, but won't be in a position to pull the trigger until I get some work related stuff worked out.

DisneyLAND races sell out very quickly.  The Disneyland Half sold out in a little over a day.

Rick

I think that this would make a great first marathon. It is very walker-friendly, and it looks like a bunch of people stop to take pictures, etc. along the course. It feels very non-competitive and fun to me, which takes a lot of pressure off you when training. Plus, then we could do our Disney Sole Train FE!

Upcoming:

Love the Half

Diz, same could be said for IronMan's.

Except that in IronMan's you don't have to start standing in line at roughly 2:00 a.m. to make a start of 7:00 a.m.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).