Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES - Just 'Cuz (Read 45 times)

LRB

What's up yo.

After four days off from work what a cruel joke it was dreaming that I overslept by like three hours this morning! I was actually relieved when I realized I had not, stupid prompt employee.

No running for me today but I have got plenty of other crap to keep me busy until I return home sometime between 6:30 & 7:00.

What's up with you?

Cyberic

Wassup!

Some Easy-Recovery running around the indoor track at lunch time.

I'm finally going to get my watch back. Been running with my phone all weekend, and that means blind because I'm not holding it in my hand all the time, so I have no idea what my pace is until I finish my run.

I did an experiment to try to "revive" my watch's battery: I drained it completely, and I put it on charge for over 48 hours (in the wall, not on the computer). Although I'm skeptical, I decided to try this, and if it does not work, then I'll probably buy another watch. The real test is not going to be today, though, as I'll be running indoors, for about 40 minutes, and with a foot pod (no GPS).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  RD for me.

I heard the alarm and thought but it's Sunday!  Bah!

Damaris

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. I hope that your day is pleasant.

Cyberic99, have a great run. I hope that you have a watch, repaired or new, soon.

Damaris, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

I did push-ups as soon as I awoke. I'll do three miles during my break this afternoon. I have to wait until I return home tonight at around 10:00 to do abs.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

SRD for me today, it is also my son's first day at daycare this morning so I am really nervous. He has been with me at my office for over 2 1/2 years, but I want him to socialize with other kids. He'll only be going from 9 AM to 1 PM on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

outoftheblue

Good morning -- RD for me.  Actually Pfitz says I'm supposed to run 6, but I feel I need a slightly easier last few days of taper than he calls for, as I have been really busy with a lot of farm chores that are keeping me on my feet several hours a day.

LRB -- it sounds like a busy work day, hope it goes by fast.

Cyber -- Fingers crossed that watch works now.   Did your pace change running without it?

D -- Enjoy your rest day

Basya -- Have a nice 3 miler

Life is good.

outoftheblue

SRD for me today, it is also my son's first day at daycare this morning so I am really nervous. He has been with me at my office for over 2 1/2 years, but I want him to socialize with other kids. He'll only be going from 9 AM to 1 PM on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

I hope it goes well!

Life is good.

Cyberic

Good morning -- RD for me.  Actually Pfitz says I'm supposed to run 6, but I feel I need a slightly easier last few days of taper than he calls for, as I have been really busy with a lot of farm chores that are keeping me on my feet several hours a day.

LRB -- it sounds like a busy work day, hope it goes by fast.

Cyber -- Fingers crossed that watch works now.   Did your pace change running without it?

D -- Enjoy your rest day

Basya -- Have a nice 3 miler

Yeah, I was running too fast. I wanted to run at Easy pace, and thought that maybe I was running at recovery pace on Saturday, so I was pushing just a bit. Ended up running at MPish. Nothing dramatic, but I don't feel *free* running watch-less. I feel ... can't find a correct word. I just prefer having my watch on my wrist.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning and Happy Monday!  Welcome to December.  I'm planning 7 easy miles today.  Easy miles all week, actually.  My legs are slowly starting to feel normal again.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hope it goes well!

Me too, we interviewed her last Friday and he really took to her immediately so that is a good sign. The biggest reason I am starting him is because he has yet to really say any words Sad He's almost 32 months old and the only things he's doing for the past 6-8 months has been ma (or ma-ma-ma), oh-oh-oh, eee (or ee-ee-ee), yee (or yee-yee-yee), da (da-da-da), gah or goah (or gah-gah-gah when he is pissed off). There are a few others but he is always speaking in gibberish or trying to sound like an animal instead, I am hoping that being around other kids and adults that don't understand "his" language will force him to start saying words. And I am also going to be contacting First Steps to evaluate him and see if maybe he does have speech development issues 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, I was running too fast. I wanted to run at Easy pace, and thought that maybe I was running at recovery pace on Saturday, so I was pushing just a bit. Ended up running at MPish. Nothing dramatic, but I don't feel *free* running watch-less. I feel ... can't find a correct word. I just prefer having my watch on my wrist.

I feel the same when I don't have it.  I am not a person that can gauge her effort without it.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

FreeSoul - Definitely get in touch with the early childhood program in your area for an assessment. For kids birth through 3, most of the therapies are free, I think.

I started the month with 4.4ish with friends.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

B-Plus

Cyberic

I think it is safe to say that you'll never beat saying you ran 6 miles in less keystrokes than this. Although you could quote someone else who did run 6...

This thread would be pretty boring if everybody did that though 

B-Plus

I think it is safe to say that you'll never beat saying you ran 6 miles in less keystrokes than this. Although you could quote someone else who did run 6...

This thread would be pretty boring if everybody did that though 

Lol, actually it's a planned 6. I agree that I should only post the number of it's already done.