Beginners and Beyond

Wonderful Wednesday Penguins! (Read 30 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Posted by lily yesterday:  Scotty, I never would have thought you had such a varied landscape around San Antonio. Beautiful parks! San Antonio is now on my list of places to retire to if I can ever escape here mortgage free.

Yep, all things considered, it is a pretty nice city, even though the summer heat can be brutal.  Low cost of living, pretty nice weather most of the year round...and we even have a nudist colony! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Scotty - I'm in Detroit.  Even further north...lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SheCan

Posted by lily yesterday:  Scotty, I never would have thought you had such a varied landscape around San Antonio. Beautiful parks! San Antonio is now on my list of places to retire to if I can ever escape here mortgage free.

Yep, all things considered, it is a pretty nice city, even though the summer heat can be brutal.  Low cost of living, pretty nice weather most of the year round...and we even have a nudist colony! 

Haha!  I see how it is, if the climate and geography don't tempt us, you'll try to tempt us with nudity!

Cherie

Running- the real sport.  The others just play with their balls.

GinnyinPA

Z - have fun running with the track group.

Mitch - enjoy your 5 miles.  I hope the FIL's surgery goes well.

Bin - good job on the 5.

Awood - I hope your hotel has a TM for you to do your miles.

Kristin - I'm glad you enjoyed your spin class.  After so long not being able to exercise, be careful not to overdo now.

Cherie - good job getting yourself out the door and completing the 8 1/2.

Damaris - I hope your cough eases up so you can get some miles in tonight.

Obiebyke - hurray for the clearance to run.  Have fun.

SO42 - can you at least change directions on the track, or did you have to do all your laps in the same direction?  That could cause hip problems.

OFS - a good soccer game will give you lots of fast running.  Good job.

HM - I'm glad the scan was clear.  I hope the knee continues to improve.

Scotty - enjoy your run through the park.  San Antonio does have some lovely places to run.

AFM:  I got out and ran 6 on a hilly route.  I didn't intend to go that far, but it turned out to be farther than I thought.  Oh well.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Ginny- Nice run.

The treadmill here is not doing well.  I managed to get 4 miles on it.  Not too bad for being on the road.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Sloooow.

Hello all.

Week 1, Day 1 of C25K just kicked my butt. Mainly because my exercise itchies are back because of the break. That should go in a week or so though. 2.1 miles done in 35 minutes, such a neeeeeewb!

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

Ginny: They alternate the direction of the track on different days. I don't run on it very often, 2 or 3 times a month maybe. Usually at the gym I'll just use the TM. Much less boring than the indoor track since on the TM I can at least watch TV 

Bad Ass

Doc just called, and my CT scan was just fine!!

Woohoo!

I had a nice 7.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Bin Running

Scotty, we are 12hrs ahead of New York..

2014 races

2XU HM - 02 Mar (1:44:55)

BeHero 10K (Hong Kong) - 23 Mar (46:13)

JP Morgan 5.6K - 24 Apr (25:54)

Run350 10K - 27 Apr (56:04)

Sundown 10K - 31 May (59:00)

Sundown HM - 31 May (2:50:00)

Pocari Sweat 10K - 08 Jun (50:03)

Army HM - 30 Aug

Yellow Ribbon 10K - 14 Sep

Bad Ass

Daisy just collapsed and I had to hospitalize her.  They tentatively believe it was a seizure but she is the one sick with the liver disease so they won't know until more tests.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."