Beginners and Beyond

Penn Woods 5k (Read 38 times)

Brenda, and I ran the Penn Woods Winery 5k last weekend. My daughter Rene and her fiance Steve ran it as well (their 1st race ever), The course was part vineyard and part trail. The trail portion was extremely hilly, muddy, slippery. Brenda took first place in her age group and I took second place in mine. We received a wine glass for our reward, which were promptly filled upon receipt of the award!! LOL. My daughter and her fiance ran a strong race, for them  it was a brutal one for a 1st 5k. A great race, but 40.00 each to run in it. Lots of food vendors, but you had to pay even for a banana!!! Water was free. Cost included free wine tasting as well.  Would do it again. It was a chilly morning, and the cabernet tasted good on a chilly morning. Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

With the free wine tasting, sounds like a race you don't want to miss.

Great job, all of you!

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Wow, congrats on the 2nd AG for you and 1st for the DW. It's always fun when family joins in. Congrats to your DD and fiance on their first race.

- Andrew

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Glad you had a nice time with the family.  Congratulations on the awards!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats to you and Brenda!  Nice to see that y'all are alive and well and still running!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

A warm spicy Cabernet would be about right for a cold morning!

Big grin

Congrats!

Randy

LRB

I have had brewski after a race (even during one before) but never some yummy vino.  Sounds intriguing, especially if there's cheese and crackers!

Hopefully one of the youngin's (or both) take to the sport.  For most of us, we were hooked after that first race!

Sounds like a fun race with the family. Great job on the AG placement!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott