Beginners and Beyond

Sangria Saturday Penguins! (Read 20 times)

GinnyinPA

StoneFence - congratulations on the PR.

Jack - have a great race tomorrow.

Jerry - good job keeping the streak going.

6.8 cold miles.  I still don't have cold weather gear worked out.  Half the run I freeze, the other half I sweat.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi All!

Did a streak run followed by yoga today.  Then had lunch and hosted friends.

Tomorrow I'm going to do my run 2.6 miles to race, run 10k race (with my friend at her pace), run 2.6 miles back from race plan.  Then I'm seeing Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway with my sisters and mother.  I think it should be a good time :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Brilliant

Hello Penguins!

I ran 16.5 around Newport Beach this morning.  One of the neighborhoods we ran through (Balboa Island) has a decorating contest and this house was one of the winners.  It had a bunch of penguins that made me think of you; this was the cutest picture I snapped.

Jack, good luck tomorrow!

Sapf and Jerry, great job with the continued streaking!

Silver Springs, enjoy the concert tonight!

Obie, I hope you get a run in soon.

Robert, hope you are feeling better soon.

PAD, hope you are up to a great run tomorrow.

Traci, beautiful pic, did Santa run in that??

Damaris, happy running tonight.

Ginny, glad you got your run in.  You'll get the gear figured out.  I started off this morning in a track jacket and then stopped by my car at mile 5 to shed it.

StoneFence, hurray for the PR!

Kathleen, sounds like a really fun day with your grandkids.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, I did not get my last race of the year today.  Woke up this morning feeling ill, actually puked a couple of times, got a bit light-headed, and went back to bed. Slept until 10:30 in the morning.  I had gone to bed about 10:30 last night, so I guess my body really wanted the rest to help combat whatever this crap is that it's been fighting the last couple of days!   after I woke up from my 'long winter's nap" and got a bit of breakfast in me, I felt much better.  The day was much better too, nice sunshine and 62 degrees, so I even managed to go to a nearby local park and get in a very easy 3 miles, and did quite well too.  Even so, probably a good thing I did not do the race first thing in the morning the way I was feeling then; I am sure my RD friend would have been very miffed at me   if I'd gotten dizzy out there, fallen out, and started bleeding on the her course, and making her have to come rescue me.     So, alas, I finished the year with ONLY 74 races instead of tying last year's record of 75; but it's all good.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Glad you are feeling better, Scott.  You deserve a RD.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Winter Solstice !!!  I consider this as the end of winter.

Going to try a short short run on the shortest day.  Woke up with an achy back, but trying to keep the streak.

It thrills me to know that we are on the upswing towards more sunshine.Although I don't really mind running with my headlamp, it unnerves DH.

I just came back from a really good 10 mile run. For the first 5 miles I had positive splits, I kept thinking, "Keep it SLOOOW". But my slow isn't as slow as it used to be. The last 5 miles got faster and faster (for me, that is) and I finished in 1:58. Holy Moly - I was just a streak of lightening...whoosh!!

Sorry to hear some of you are under the weather. Hope you bounce back quickly.

Lovin' all the pics. Still trying to figure out how to upload pics. Any pointers?

Ginny, Jerry, and sapf - way to keep the streak going. I love the sense of kinship as I read your posts on the Holiday Streak board.

Scotty - BIG CONGRATS on 74 races this year. That's amazing!!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

From the Internet.

Hi pens! 12.21 miles for me today, longest long run ever Smile

Robert31320

Team TJ

I skipped out on today as well.  I coughed what seemed like half the night.  Feeling better today and hoping to be able to give it a go Monday am.

Running for TJ because he can't.

PADRunner

I was able to get my scheduled 15 in this morning so the week wasn't a total loss.

Congrats Lauren today was A new distance record for me too.

Hope your race went well Jack.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

1:37:03 in the HM. I feel pretty good about that. Pretty, pretty, pretty, good.

PADRunner

Hi Pens.

1:37:03 in the HM. I feel pretty good about that. Pretty, pretty, pretty, good.

Nice run Jack!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Nice race, Jack.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

Scotty - I hope you feel better today.  Sorry about missing your race, but it was a good call.

Robert - I hope you're feeling better too.

Damaris - I hope the migraine went away.

sapf - how did your race and long run go?

Brilliant - good job on the long run.

Jerry - I hope your back is feeling better.

Kathleen - speedy indeed.  Good run!

Lauren - congratulations on hitting a new milestone.  That's always fun.

PAD - you must be feeling better.  Good job on the 15.

Jack - what a great time.  I haven't read your RR yet, but I will.

AFM:  We had sunshine today, so I decided to go do my long run.  35 degrees but it felt warmer because of the sun.  I ran the Chambersburg HM course, then added 4 miles through some neighborhoods for a total of 17.3.  I felt good from mile 3 to 14, but the last few were a struggle and my hamstring really complained for the last mile.  I was hoping to get to 18, but it didn't seem like a good idea given the pain.  Funny how sometimes a hilly course feels pretty easy, just gently rolling hills, and sometimes each elevation gain feels like Mt. Everest.  This was an Everest day.  But I had fun and the miles went quickly. I did walk/run - just walking 50 paces every mile.  I was hoping it would make it easier on the hamstring, but I think I run faster when I'm running after taking breaks, so it doesn't help as much as I'd hoped. OTOH, it is psychologically easier when I'm doing a new distance.  The miles go faster somehow.  Two really nasty gu/gels today.  First and last time for them.  But my stomach didn't rebel, largely because it took me almost two miles to get them down.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats, Lauren, PAD, and Jack.