Beginners and Beyond

Throwback ThursDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Mmmmm...beer

D2- Nice run!  So when are you "really" starting speedwork, again? Wink

Soon!  Maybe.  Smile  I did speedwork once, kind of, well, it was a HM pace tempo run when I first started the Pftiz plan (that I then totally stopped following), that counts, right?  Wait, you mean I have to do it more than once???

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

B-Plus

Wow, we have something in common then.  I ran my first and second half marathons on a wing and a prayer!  lol

1:42 was the first year I heard about training plans. I also ran in 2003 and 2004 by going out to "practice" twice per week for about 30 minutes then a longer run on the weekend of about 60 minutes 

LRB

1:42 was the first year I heard about training plans. I also ran in 2003 and 2004 by going out to "practice" twice per week for about 30 minutes then a longer run on the weekend of about 60 minutes 

I feel you bro, I was dressed for a basketball game my first time out!  And my longest long run was 8 miles for my first which I ran a grand total of once.   

Hello, tomato tornado throwback Thursdailies!

I ran 5.1 miles today, mostly on muddy, rainy trails.  It was totally on a whim, and I was the last one to sign in, literally as people were jogging to the start line.

I lost a shoe to the suction of a mud pit along with 4 places, went back and jammed it on, and continued.  Things turned out ok.  Smile

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I lost a shoe to the suction of a mud pit along with 4 places, went back and jammed it on, and continued.  Things turned out ok.  Smile

"Things turned out ok." = You caught them in the flats and won the whole damn thing? Smile

- Andrew

happylily

"Thinks turned out ok." = You caught them in the flats and won the whole damn thing? Smile

LOL...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Hello, tomato tornado throwback Thursdailies!

I ran 5.1 miles today, mostly on muddy, rainy trails.  It was totally on a whim, and I was the last one to sign in, literally as people were jogging to the start line.

Congrats on the win!  That's an impressive pace running through mud!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, Jay!

Damaris

Thanks Smile

happylily

So you do a race and don't tell us you actually WON it and make us go spy on your log? Jebus Christ... We have to do everything around here... And I thought that Andrew was actually joking... lol... Congratulations, Jay! RR and pics, please!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010