Beginners and Beyond

In two words? ****** MonDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

They just changed it for 2015. Previously, it was just one huge age group for up to 39 years old where you had to run something stupid like 2:45/1:19 or thereabouts.

Has it changed for dinosaurs 40 somethings as well?

B-Plus

Smaller age groups, and now 3:05 for 45-49:

http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/plan-your-race/getting-in/guaranteed-entry-for-2015

Also, the guaranteed part of it is now only for certain NYRR races, but it looks like they will have a certain number of spaces for those with Q times in other races.

B-Plus

Whoa! I just read on Twitter that a 17 year old won the women's race in 2:38 at Indy!

http://m.runnersworld.com/elite-runners/17-year-old-alana-hadley-wins-indianapolis-monumental-marathon

B-Plus

They just changed it for 2015. Previously, it was just one huge age group for up to 39 years old where you had to run something stupid like 2:45/1:19 or thereabouts.

I hope Jay's not mad.

LRB

http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/plan-your-race/getting-in/guaranteed-entry-for-2015

Also, the guaranteed part of it is now only for certain NYRR races, but it looks like they will have a certain number of spaces for those with Q times in other races.

Holy shit, my Q time is now 1:28 in the half!

B-Plus

Holy shit, my Q time is now 1:28 in the half!

Something new to shoot for this month!

LRB

Something new to shoot for this month!

IKR?!  That would only take a 40 second PR, trouble is I don't know if I have it in me and won't know until I am out there...

Oh well, in any event I am fuckin excited yo! 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Walking is actually pretty good recovery post-marathon FS, at least for me.

I don't know if I would really call this walking lol, I am a horrible speed walker but damn it I have to move pretty fast to keep up with him around the shop. Tomorrow afternoon we'll probably head out for a hike if it isn't raining, I am feeling better... though the quads are still sore and going down the stairs sucks.

I will say one thing, it is fucking awesome not getting up at the ass crack of dawn right now lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

... though the quads are still sore and going down the stairs sucks.

Yeah I had four days worth of that nonsense! 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah I had four days worth of that nonsense! 

I am a little upset that I am not feeling worse than this, is that weird?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I am a little upset that I am not feeling worse than this, is that weird?

You actually had a pretty decent base (for where you are) so you would not be as sore as someone who ran three days a week with one of them being a long run.  Add to that that recovery is an individual thing and although some may take 6 to 8 weeks to fully recover that is certainly not the case for everyone.

I have been less sore with each successive marathon which is a direct result of the higher volume of mileage (both in my base and training) each time.

Cyberic

They will have a limited number of spots for those who have qualified in a non NYRR race? Not that I could meet these Q times anyways. I am 44 and qualified in the M55-59 category in my September half.  But they manage to fill this race with 50 000 runners with rules like that? Time to use a smiley 

LRB

They will have a limited number of spots for those who have qualified in a non NYRR race?

Yep probably two, and with my luck I will be applicant number 3.  lol

onemile

I have been less sore with each successive marathon which is a direct result of the higher volume of mileage (both in my base and training) each time.

I haven't found this to be true. I think I feel worse after this last one than any of the previous ones.

LRB

I haven't found this to be true. I think I feel worse after this last one than any of the previous ones.

I guess I should prefix everything I say regarding the marathon with I have no idea what the hell I am talking about.  lol

My third felt the worst two days afterwards but from there on out recovery was pretty smooth.  My first and second hurt more and longer.