Beginners and Beyond

Red Eye ThursDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

Well it's a nice milestone anyway, so congrats. Although I was not particularly moved when I hit it either. Lifetime miles is not nearly as significant to me as a PB for week/month/year, or of course race times. Because someone's running lifetime is kind of a random time period over which to measure mileage. More noteworthy for a much higher total, like 50k or something, which says you have been very consistent over a very long period of time.

I can dig it.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Easy day today.  3.2 miles this morning through a very nice park.  Rest day tomorrow, along with getting my back injections tomorrow for my spinal arthritis - I am down to one time a year now, which is a lot of improvement thankfully - and then I have 2 races this weekend.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Runshortii

I ran an easy 4 before work

Cyberic

11 290 lifetime miles for me. Had to look. I don't notice when I hit milestones either.

DavePNW

11 290 lifetime miles for me. Had to look. I don't notice when I hit milestones either.

Dave

LRB

lol

I actually thought both of you were in the teens.

Baboon

delicate flower

12,482.  I averaged 2300 a year from 2012-2015, but then triathlon.  My knee from the year 2040 thanks me.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

16,858 for me.

Damaris

LRB

16,858 for me.

Yeah, but how many of those are junk miles. 

That's a term I haven't heard in forever by the way. It got a lot of play back on the BF.

DavePNW

Yeah, but how many of those are junk miles. 

That's a term I haven't heard in forever by the way. It got a lot of play back on the BF.

Ha! Yeah I totally forgot about that term. Is that really a thing? I don't remember what the claim was.

Dave

onemile

Ha! Yeah I totally forgot about that term. Is that really a thing? I don't remember what the claim was.

I think the junk miles are the easy runs you run too fast so that you are too tired on your quality days to run fast enough

DavePNW

I think the junk miles are the easy runs you run too fast so that you are too tired on your quality days to run fast enough

OK, I think I am good then. I thought maybe it was just running too many easy miles.

BTW, our mileage didn't match today, but we both started at 6:24 AM. Spooky!

Dave

onemile

BTW, our mileage didn't match today, but we both started at 6:24 AM. Spooky!

With the time zone difference, you could wait until I finish so you know what time to start

DavePNW

With the time zone difference, you could wait until I finish so you know what time to start

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. 

Dave

onemile

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. 

I meant for tomorrow