Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES Somewhere (Read 34 times)

DavePNW

My Garmin 610 has been acting up so I returned it to Costco.  7 months old and well used, and they took it back no questions asked.  I'd have been happy with a replacement unit but they just credited my card.  I love that place.  So, I took the refund and bought a 620 at REI.  I took it for a 7 mile run today.  My first impressions are great.  It locked onto satellites almost as soon as I turned it on.  I got no weird fluctuations with pace or heart rate, and my GPS track didn't think I ran off track into the woods like my old one did on occasion.  I'm curious to see how accurate the internal accelerometer is on the treadmill. There is some funky new data this one provides that I don't know will actually be of any use, though it'll be cool getting my estimated VO2 max for every run now.  With the Costco refund, I only paid $50 out of pocket for the 620.  Sweet.

UNPOSSIBLE. What will you do with that extra time in your life, if you are no longer waiting around waiting for your watch to find a satellite?

And I do not often run off track into the woods, but sometimes I plummet off a 2000-ft cliff at the start of my run.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Apparently, my house is at the base of a mountain, a Miami mountain at that because mine looks similar but the other way.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have to work all weekend to get this important order out.  I am now 75% done.  I now have to find a way to cut 10 pages because it's too fucking long.  Well, the counts are too many!  Not my fault the debtor is a fraudster.

Damaris

Hip Redux

Dave, we must be practicing our cliff diving.

LRB

That looks like my heart rate graph when doing intervals then stopping to walk! lol

LRB

(seeing you all reporting about your runs was not something I could deal with the last few days).

Who wants to prove that life goes on without them, start posting silly!

Hi Shari, Stone, FS, MA, Y8, D, Lily, O, BS and Pink!

Supp Spark, Scotty, Jack, Ric, Dave and Boon!

As for me, I just got in from a long day.  I am still on the wagon so no yummy wine tonight but that will not stop me from staring at the bottle! 

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Happy Saturday, Dailies and good evening!

I'm still off running, but that didn't stop me from volunteering as a course sentry at the Wauhatchie Trail Run this morning. Small, local race, but it's a really nice run that takes place in the Chattanooga arboretum and Nature Center. It's got some significant elevation change (650 feet at start, 1100 in the middle of the course). It's just over a 10K, about 6.7 miles or so. Almost could call it a quarter marathon! Smile

Anyway, it was fun and I did manage to run a total of about 6/10 of a mile. I'm definitely needing to get back out there to run normal again!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, everyone!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

That sudden stop at the end is what gets most people! Smile

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Just a lil jog through the woods this morning, Seashore Nature Trail 50k, 4:42:07, 5th place in sub-masters, couldn't be happier!   72*, so much for the first day of winter!  Felt strong tho, even with the heat.  I'll do a RR tomorrow, waiting on some pictures.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hip Redux

Hey everyone!

Just a lil jog through the woods this morning, Seashore Nature Trail 50k, 4:42:07, 5th place in sub-masters, couldn't be happier!   72*, so much for the first day of winter!  Felt strong tho, even with the heat.  I'll do a RR tomorrow, waiting on some pictures.

EXCELLENT!

LRB

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Indeed - "little jog through the woods" my eye. I had a little jog in the woods; Dave ran more than a marathon!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Dave!

Damaris

DavePNW

Hey everyone!

NICE!

Dave

Feels like 28, steady rain, ack. Must.  join. gym. with. treadmill.