Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies: The Winter Games (Read 39 times)

LRB

Probably. But my 17yo DD saw it last night, and said it was tremendous, and thought it was unfortunate that a lot of people won't see it because, well, it's a Lego movie. It got a 96% on Rotten Tomatoes, so there must be something to it.

Yep, that is my go to site for all things movies.  They are not however, always inline with what I think, I Frankenstein and 47 Ronin come to mind, both of which were rated poorly but I liked, and American Hustle which was rated highly and I could not get out of the theater fast enough.

But generally speaking, it is a good site for reference.

Zelanie

Lily- I don't know, this is my first time through the selection process!  Their grades are part of it.  This weekend, we're scoring their essay questions from their application.  Then next week, we meet and go over the rest of their application (transcript, recommendations, etc.). Then they have to do interviews too.   Needless to say, I don't get to score DD's essays.   Hopefully she makes it in, though, because otherwise the whole trip is off!  There's about 45 applications, I think, for 25 spots, so competitive but not too terrible.

Oski- I think you need Phil's surgeon.  Sorry to hear that you need surgery, but at least you have some answers now!

D- Glad you're home!

4 recovery miles for me today.  It was a really nice 50-degree rain.  But the path flooded between when I left and when I got home.  Good thing it wasn't a long run!

StepbyStep-SH

Damaris - Glad you are home and resting, but so sorry to hear about your cousin.
        Marjorie - What a fantastic send-off for that young man!
        LRB - I'm intrigued by the Lego movie. I'll be curious to hear your take. We have not taken DS to a movie in a theater yet, mostly because  so many of the kids' movies, even, have a lot of rude humor, and right now we are having a lot of problems with him learning to be polite and show respect. I don't need to reinforce the idea that his behaviors might be funny to some people.

Lily - DS enjoyed getting to draw with pictures and real ducks (stuffed) to look at as he did. And he had a lot of fun at the birthday party this afternoon, too. I bet you are enjoying your night out! And I bet your DH is enjoying the view across the table from him! I think we need pics of this "corset"!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

LRB - I'm intrigued by the Lego movie. I'll be curious to hear your take. We have not taken DS to a movie in a theater yet, mostly because  so many of the kids' movies, even, have a lot of rude humor, and right now we are having a lot of problems with him learning to be polite and show respect.

Yeah and with a PG rating you cannot be too careful.  Of course even regular TV is PG rated or worse anymore.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Lily NYC schools love the Presidents so much we don't just get Monday off we get ALL NEXT WEEK OFF!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to