Beginners and Beyond

Over easy WednesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cannibals would love you, Damaris!

MEAT damn it!  LMFAO.

Damaris

LRB

I so cannot wait to get home.  Drinks are on me!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I so cannot wait to get home.  Drinks are on me!

Save me one, I still have to run when I get home.

Damaris

happylily

Cannibals would love you, Damaris!

I was wondering what the heck she meant by that... LOL...

Scotty, yes, shepherd's pie. It's very traditional, here. A layer of ground meat, a layer of creamed corn and a layer of mashed potatoes. Hmmm.... the meal of the poor, I love shepherd's pie! But we call it pâté chinois here (chinese pie). Don't ask me why, I have no clue... 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sigh, I guess I will tun on the TM since The heat index is still 100F here. Boo.

Damaris

DavePNW

I was wondering what the heck she meant by that... LOL...

Scotty, yes, shepherd's pie. It's very traditional, here. A layer of ground meat, a layer of creamed corn and a layer of mashed potatoes. Hmmm.... the meal of the poor, I love shepherd's pie! But we call it pâté chinois here (chinese pie). Don't ask me why, I have no clue... 

I'm guessing because shepherd's pie is of British origin, and you Quebecois want to avoid any of that association.

Do they eat a lot of mashed potatoes in China? And creamed corn? I have never seen that in shepherd's pie.

Dave

B-Plus

Afternoon dailies! Frustrating couple of days - worked from home yesterday and got virtually nothing done, broke my iPhone screen, rain, the apparatus I need for my experiments is not working yet again - parts have been sent off to the guy who makes them for inspection/possible repair. Have to give a talk next week and I don't wannnnna. General crankiness.

Had a good run this morning though, 6 miles total with 3x 400/200 faster than race pace - 1:46/1:47/1:42 for the 400s and 54/51/48 for the 200s.

Sounds like my day. I cannot consume enough coffee to get through this.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sigh, I guess I will tun on the TM since The heat index is still 100F here. Boo.

Well, at least running on the TM at home you can run nekkid and really stay cool... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Shepards pie is a meal in and of itself and very yummy (I actually still make and enjoy it sans real meat), these were mashed potatoes.

I am home and have a 16 ounce brewski marinating in the freezer while I get my lips ready for it!

LRB

What's the outlook for weather for race day?

Baboon

delicate flower

I have run 20 miles this week and my legs are destroyed.  

<3

Hi daililes!

Still no running since the race, but 9 high peaks in 3 days should count as fair cross training.  Gonna see about a hostel for tomorrow night, because :an extra day of vacay that I no longer have any interest in spending at home.

LRB

I have run 20 miles this week and my legs are destroyed.  

'Tis the season.

outoftheblue

So many folks tapering right now.  I'm envious, truth be told.  That's what I get for picking a December marathon.  At least this week is a cut back week, so only 8.5 easy miles for me today.

And, I have never seen, heard, or tasted of incorporating bits of meat into a mashed potato.  Seems subversive.

Life is good.

From the Internet.

Sounds like my day. I cannot consume enough coffee to get through this.

I hope your day has gotten better! I have switched from coffee to martini and that has helped dramatically.