Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Race day! (Read 40 times)

Coastal

Bert-o   Really enjoyed reading the race report.  Heck of an effort.

hog4life

26.2 miles in 5:02:29, I’m still cold from the 26 degree temp, and I’m starving!

GinnyinPA

HogonIce - congratulations on the completing your freezing marathon. I really don't envy you spending that much time out in the cold.

It was snowing lightly when we walked Ben this morning, but it stopped while I was warming up, so I headed out for 13.4 miles. I was a little overdressed so after two miles I started sweating, then couldn't take off my overshirt because I was too wet, so got really cold for miles 8-12. Hot coffee and a meatball sub warmed me up, followed by an Epsom bath.

oldfartrunner

Short Buckeye 5K RR (Short Course) Sad

The course was way short, but got a lot of confidence from the placement (3rd overall, two teenagers ahead of me out of about 170), and the Garmin splits, witch lead me to believe I could of ran a sub 20 with room to spare. Garmin had: 1st mile- 6:34, 2nd -6:24, .90-5:58. If I extrapolate the 6:19 miles average for the whole distance that gives me a 19:38, 5K-which is about exactly what I ran 3 years ago!

DW had 2.90 too. Her time would extrapolate to a 27:36-a new PR, and she got 2 nd AG too! Smile

The weird thing is the Marathon I did here last year was supposedly certified for BQ, and the Half my DW did were within Garmin levels of "being close".  You would think the 5K would be too, but when I approached the RD and ask him if he marked it, he said yes! I told him I only got 2.90, and he said, "huh? We turn around at the same place every year." So, I knew then he didn't care and no one had said anything  before I guess??? Anyway, won't be back next year.

So, nothing official, but the hammy held together and only is about 4 on the pain-o-meter, and I am confident on a real 3.10 course I can run about the same time and will plan on one the end of Jan. Smile

oldfartrunner

10K PR complete. 40:33 for a 24 second PR. STOKED. 4 OA and 2 AG. I lead the race for two miles but the guys behind me were clearing jogging so I was just keeping the place warm for them. It was fun while it lasted.

Great job Baboon!

oldfartrunner

26.2 miles in 5:02:29, I’m still cold from the 26 degree temp, and I’m starving!

Nice job Hog!

Dave: Hope you get better soon. Sad

Nice LRs Everyone! (and new shoes)

No more marathons

I got an early birthday gift from the woman today: an expresso machine. I've had way too many coffees today Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OFR, sorry about the short course, ugh!  Great job, though.

Ran my 4 outside with 6 X 100m at what felt like an all out, die, pace.  LOL.  It was raining and windy.  But a nice 63F.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.5, part of it on snow covered trails. I was trying to find the Big Gunpowder Trail, it's supposed to run for almost 10 miles along the Gunpowder River. I cannot find the damn thing. It probably would help if I actually ran there when I can actually see the trail, as opposed to when it is snow covered. I even had a trail map app opened, and no help. I get to a clearing for a gas line and the trail just stops.

OFR, congrats on the OA placing. Short courses suck.

Hog, nice race! Hope you can warm up quickly.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Hog - Great job!  Hope you'll post a RR.  Rest up and enjoy the eats.

OFR  Great job on 3rd OA!  Damn teenagers these days.  The RD must have failed math and subtracted 0.1 versus added 0.1.  Regardless, that's great racing man!  Yeah, do another in Jan and get that sub-20 you can hang your hat on.

Ginny - Nice run.  This weather is so hard to get right, dressing-wise.  Way to hang in there, but don't get sick!

Cyberic - Happy early Birthday!  Is she trying to tell you something with that gift? 

HC - Sorry you had navigational problems in the snow today.  Yeah, when there's snow on the ground with no footprints, it can be hard.  But think effort, not distance... 5.5 on snow is still a decent workout.

Costal - Thanks!

GC100k - Hope you're not coming down with the flu.  Way to get that run in today!  Rest up.

zzyzx - Back of the leg started to hurt?  uh oh.  Better get ahead of that sucker and get it straightened away.  I've had a pain in the back of the leg for well over a year now. 

Runshortii - I agree with LRB... good call.  Hope you got that 13 in!

ROS - Glad I could put you to sleep.  Yes a 5K loop will do that to you.  

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Quickadder

Ran the Swamp Stomp half marathon this morning. Unusually cold for SW Louisiana at 32F at start produced good running conditions. Improved my HM PR by 99 seconds to 1:57:39. Full RR in the Masters Forum.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Upcoming race: Four on the 4th 7/4/24 maybe.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran the Swamp Stomp half marathon this morning. Unusually cold for SW Louisiana at 32F at start produced good running conditions. Improved my HM PR by 99 seconds to 1:57:39. Full RR in the Masters Forum.

Congrats!

Damaris

RunningOnSand

RunningOnSand

Short Buckeye 5K RR (Short Course) Sad

The course was way short, but got a lot of confidence from the placement (3rd overall, two teenagers ahead of me out of about 170), and the Garmin splits, witch lead me to believe I could of ran a sub 20 with room to spare. Garmin had: 1st mile- 6:34, 2nd -6:24, .90-5:58. If I extrapolate the 6:19 miles average for the whole distance that gives me a 19:38, 5K-which is about exactly what I ran 3 years ago!

DW had 2.90 too. Her time would extrapolate to a 27:36-a new PR, and she got 2 nd AG too! Smile

The weird thing is the Marathon I did here last year was supposedly certified for BQ, and the Half my DW did were within Garmin levels of "being close".  You would think the 5K would be too, but when I approached the RD and ask him if he marked it, he said yes! I told him I only got 2.90, and he said, "huh? We turn around at the same place every year." So, I knew then he didn't care and no one had said anything  before I guess??? Anyway, won't be back next year.

So, nothing official, but the hammy held together and only is about 4 on the pain-o-meter, and I am confident on a real 3.10 course I can run about the same time and will plan on one the end of Jan. Smile

Awesome job Mrs. OFR & OFR!!!! You two are so fast!