Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Pancakes Friday (Read 19 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jack, you need a Personal Assistant.  You can hire us for the winter.

Oh heck yes. You could help me open my beer. I forgot to include Costco and laundry for the weekend.

From the Internet.

ACK. I made it through 4 months of training, with just about 2 months of 2x/week workouts, injury free! Big grin Big grin Big grin Ran my last "big" workout before my races - 2 mile warmup, 3.5 mile progression up through the paces (8:57, 8:34, 7:57, 7:15 for the last half mile), 1.25 mile cooldown. Now it's time to eat shit up and get shit done!

Singer who runs a smidge

Woo-hoo, Lauren!!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

tracilynn

Lauren! Nice!!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Bin Running

Mel, you are gonna rock it. Now, keep sane!

Lauren, good job.

LR of 11M done with a potty stop.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

GinnyinPA

Scotty - have fun at your races this weekend.  I was in the mood for pancakes or French toast this morning, but DH was cooking and he wanted to make scrambled eggs instead.  Maybe tomorrow?

PAD - that is a huge number of intervals.  Wow.

D - enjoy your 6 and Pilates this evening.  Do you run first or go to class first?

Mitch - have a good run this evening.

Z - Enjoy your taper.  You must be excited to be so close.  Have fun in Ashland.  What play are you going to see?

HopesMom - have fun tomorrow at the game.

Tracilynn - does it hurt to sleep in compression sleeves?  I've never understood how that works.

Jerry - good job getting your gym workout done.  Have a good run later.

Brilliant - enjoy your rest today and run tomorrow.

Jack - that is insane!  Nice that your one daughter can drive herself or you would really be trying to split yourself in three.  Good thing this is a quiet time for your running/racing.

Lauren - good luck with your race tomorrow.  I'm so glad you made it through the training without injury.

Bin - good job on the long run.  You managed to outrun the poo monster this time, hurray.

AFM:  windy and cool here.  Beautiful day.  I'll do 5 or so later.

From the Internet.

Scotty - have fun at your races this weekend.  I was in the mood for pancakes or French toast this morning, but DH was cooking and he wanted to make scrambled eggs instead.  Maybe tomorrow?

PAD - that is a huge number of intervals.  Wow.

D - enjoy your 6 and Pilates this evening.  Do you run first or go to class first?

Mitch - have a good run this evening.

Z - Enjoy your taper.  You must be excited to be so close.  Have fun in Ashland.  What play are you going to see?

HopesMom - have fun tomorrow at the game.

Tracilynn - does it hurt to sleep in compression sleeves?  I've never understood how that works.

Jerry - good job getting your gym workout done.  Have a good run later.

Brilliant - enjoy your rest today and run tomorrow.

Jack - that is insane!  Nice that your one daughter can drive herself or you would really be trying to split yourself in three.  Good thing this is a quiet time for your running/racing.

Lauren - good luck with your race tomorrow.  I'm so glad you made it through the training without injury.

Bin - good job on the long run.  You managed to outrun the poo monster this time, hurray.

AFM:  windy and cool here.  Beautiful day.  I'll do 5 or so later.

One of my IRL running friends has described them as giving your calves a hug, and I concur with that description Smile I don't sleep in my compression sleeves often but I wake up feeling much better when I do feel the need to sleep in them.

Thanks! Race is actually next weekend, but the hard part is over now, haha - the only fast running I have planned from now until race day is a few 400s, 200s, and strides to keep my legs fresh. As far as I can remember, you don't see the benefit of a hard workout right away - it's more like 1-2 weeks after you run the workout, so no point in tiring myself out the week before my race.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today I am off work for a dentist appointment...   Getting all your teeth pulled out, Zelanie?  That will make DH VERY happy...   

French toast for breakfast sounds good, Damaris.  I haven't had any for a while.   I had cheerios this morning for breakfast.

So, PAD, did you have your IHOP morning?   You sure earned some pancakes!

Yeah, Mitch, run tonite...but pancakes first!

Sorry, HsM, can't root for UVA....I'm a Virginia Tech fan - those idiots just can't seem to win lately - and UVA and Tech are in the same division...so I need UVA to lose!

Glad your shins are feeling good, Traci.  When they feel as good as they look, then you will be golden! 

Yeah, Jerry, if I'm the only one that shows up in my AG, then I might get a win, lol.  Good luck with the long run, Jerry, and happy visit from your DDs.

Enjoy the rest day, Brilliant!

Gee, Jack, isn't doing some miles at some point considered 'running'?    Sounds like you have a busy weekend!  You might need to take a day off to recover from the weekend!

Now it's time to eat shit up and get shit done!   Sounds like a plan, Lauren!

Congrats on the LR done, Bin!

Enjoy the 5 miles, Ginny, in your cool and beautiful weather!

OK, I'm off the rest of the day, so I'm outta here.  Doc appointment to get my head examined.  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Sorry, HsM, can't root for UVA....I'm a Virginia Tech fan - those idiots just can't seem to win lately - and UVA and Tech are in the same division...so I need UVA to lose!

I'm not sure this is an unlikely proposition ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

Not sure why but the intervals just felt really good this morning!

So, PAD, did you have your IHOP morning?   You sure earned some pancakes!

Yep I had a couple of the Harvest nut pancakes!

Zelanie

Lauren- That is awesome!  I will be thinking of you basking in 5K PR glory while I'm racing on the 5th. Smile

Scotty- Bad boy! 

The dentist gave me lots of good marathon advice.  He's run Portland before.  But something has gone very wrong with my tooth.  It hurts like hell.  Hopefully he calls back soon.

If all still goes well, we will see The Tempest tonight, and Richard III in the Elizabethan theater tomorrow, then have a backstage tour on Sunday.  Hopefully my face doesn't hurt the whole time.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Decided to walk instead as the knee was tweaking a little on the stairs.  Maybe it was the machines at the gym.  4 mile walk in the forest preserve was nice though.

Hope you get the tooth issue fixed before the race, Zel.

Zelanie

Dentist says this is normal.  Maybe I am just a wimp. 

From the Internet.

Lauren- That is awesome!  I will be thinking of you basking in 5K PR glory while I'm racing on the 5th. Smile

Scotty- Bad boy! 

The dentist gave me lots of good marathon advice.  He's run Portland before.  But something has gone very wrong with my tooth.  It hurts like hell.  Hopefully he calls back soon.

If all still goes well, we will see The Tempest tonight, and Richard III in the Elizabethan theater tomorrow, then have a backstage tour on Sunday.  Hopefully my face doesn't hurt the whole time.

And I will be thinking of you and your marathon debut! Smile Though I think with the time difference you might not even have started by the time I finish running, haha.

Brilliant

Oh heck yes. You could help me open my beer. I forgot to include Costco and laundry for the weekend.

Ha ha - I was in Costco a few days ago and brought home a Sierra Nevada new Fall mutli-pack...it made me think of you!