2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

1. Recover from my ankle sprain

2. Complete the Queens 10K on June 22nd -- even if I have to crutch it or walk it wearing my CAM walker boot (DNSing the HM on the 15th for sure)

3. Eat well so that I don't gain weight while I can't run

4. Enjoy my 29th Birthday =)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

LRB

I had one of those, couldn't tell you anything about it though.  Guess it went okay 'cuz I'm still here. 

DavePNW

I have one of those every year.

Dave

LRB

I have one of those every year.

That age does seem to roll off the tongue rather naturally.

Brilliant

I plan to run 120 miles.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I had one of those, couldn't tell you anything about it though.  Guess it went okay 'cuz I'm still here. 

Haha.... this year is my legit 29th birthday.  Though I will probably be having a "2nd Annual 29th Birthday" instead of a 30th next year, that's for sure ;-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Run a shyteload

LRB

1. Race to my VDOT at the 10k (I won it last year but that ain't happening again!) VDOT is a pace of 6:14.
                      2. Do some mile specific workouts for my mile race next month.
                      3. Try out a couple of things for fall marathon training during All-Star week to see how I respond.
                      4. If conditions and timing present themselves, race a 5k.

I did not carry a 6:14 overall pace during my 10k but did run a 6:15 for mile 2, at which point I promptly decided I wanted no more of that shit. lol

Still, the overall pace of 6:18 was solid and I miraculously somehow managed to claim what no one else wanted.

Despite pulling a muscle in my back doing dead lifts the last Friday in May, I survived my first all-star games but decided not to race a 5k.  As hard as it is to believe, I think I was mentally just tired of racing and needed a break.

All in all I am really happy with how things went.

happylily

Pace myself well in my next marathon

Who wrote that nonsense? Some troll got into my account, evidently...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

meaghansketch

1. 200 miles

--No, ended with 170 (+- what I run tomorrow), way short

2. By the end of the month, be on track with Jack Daniels's 5K-10K plan geared towards my goal 10K race at the end of October

--Yes!  Got through (more or less) week 1 of training.

3. Continue following up on health stuff

-- Yes!  Got results back from thyroid test.  In the normal range! 

4. (a secret goal I will fill in later in the month)

-- Secret goal was 50K at my 12-hour race on June 7.  I only managed 26.2 miles.

2 out of 4.  Not bad?  No races in July so I get to focus 100% on training without a need to taper/recover.  I raced too much in June and I think I'm feeling the effects.

Baboon

delicate flower

1) Start up again with speed work.

2) 200 miles

3)  HM PR

1)  Done

2)  Almost...will hit it tomorrow

3)  LMFAO

<3

B-Plus

Get the 5k-10k training rolling.

Good thing I picked an easy and hard to measure goal. Done.

Love the Half

After sitting out half of March and all of April, I managed 150 in May.  I don't have a mileage goal for June so much as I want my runs to feel good again.  I pretty much struggled throughout May trying to get my legs back underneath me.  It's starting to get there but I want those 6-8 mile easy runs to feel effortless again.

I am starting to have some of those effortless runs again and that's nice.  I didn't have a goal of streaking but I have been streaking since Memorial Day with the intent of keeping it going until July 4th but I may keep it going all the way through Labor Day.  It looks like I'll end the month right around 250 miles and that will be my highest mileage month of the year.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).