Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES have it all - shoes, boots, legs, and abs! (Read 255 times)

Purple Toes

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I did 1 quick mile on the 'mill to keep the streak alive, then I headed off to my free 1-hour massage (a running prize from a recent 5k- the first and only time I've ever placed in my AG!).  It was amazing. And painful. Amazingly painful!!  I had a crazy amount of knots in my upper back. Shocked   I picked up some new running shoes/winter gear afterwards with my running club discount--yay!

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Tron.. yep, boy stuff.  If your boys like light sabers and x-wings, they'll like lightcycles and identity discs.

Not just for boys...my 14-yo dd is obsessed with the 2nd movie - Tron Legacy. On second thought, though, she also really digs Star Wars. (wants to be a filmmaker)

Angela 

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

(I'm late - does anyone even read the dailies after 5pm?) I want to do personals (I did read all your posts!) but am on the train on my iPad & the lack of paragraphs would just be too confusing! We're headed into the city to have dinner & see War Horse with the in-laws - after checking out the Rockefeller Center tree. So no gym time for me today.

Angela 

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

It's not after 5 here. It's not quite 4:30!

Sounds like fun, Angela! Take lots of pics of that tree!!! Smile

Jane

Just a bit over 8 miles earlier.

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Robert: I literally SNORTED when I read your shout out to yourself.  That. Was. Awesome.  Craft pics to come...as always!

I doubted anyone would notice.  Big grin

Running for TJ because he can't.

Weezer88

Joking I think Robert was trying to motivate himself.

I AM WEEZER.

Weezer88

(I'm late - does anyone even read the dailies after 5pm?) I want to do personals (I did read all your posts!) but am on the train on my iPad & the lack of paragraphs would just be too confusing! We're headed into the city to have dinner & see War Horse with the in-laws - after checking out the Rockefeller Center tree. So no gym time for me today.

Roll eyes I do.  I check the time I first posted and the time of my last post to see what the largest difference is.  Dorky, huh?

I AM WEEZER.

Jess runs for bacon

Angela, enjoy your NYC time! I heard War Horse is awesome.

Tanked my TM run again tonight. I'm 1/3 on my runs this week. I'm not going to stress to much because on my marathon planmy LR is 7 and I'm planning on 13.1. I realized tonight that my treadmill was running on a major incline. I tried to get through it but just mentally wasn't there. Hoping for a great run outside tomorrow.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I went to New Braunfels (about a 30 minute drive from San Antonio) to get my race packet for tomorrow; saves time, don't have to hassle with the lines that way on Race Day.   My buddy, Scott, whose company, Athlete Guild (he owns it) is doing all the race stuff (packet pick up, race timing, course, etc) told me this last week registration really shot up and there will probably be around 1,600 for the Jingle Bell 5K tomorrow, wow.  When I first did this event way back in 1994 when I first got here, it was a small event of maybe 300 people.  It has grown so much in popularity that the venue even had to be moved, that is why it is in Gruene now.  This many is great for the recipient, St. Jude's Ranch.  A lot of the credit goes to Scott, he really does a great job with advertising, getting sponsors, etc., and puts on a heckuva race.  This one goes all around scenic Gruene, Texas, and we finish back at the dance hall to all kinds of food waiting for us, and beer (Yeah!) and music, and photos with Santa if we want to get them (the kids there will love that) and door prizes, etc.  With this many people, I will probably go crazy taking photos, so my apologies in advance for what is probably going to be a long report with LOTS of photos.  I might even hit the 100 mark. Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

runmomto3boys

I read them too b/c I am always one of the last to post my runs!

I caught the DEATH FLU.  It came on fast and furious and I am throwing up like nobody's business.  I am suddenly really happy I'm not running this week.  The hubby JUST got home.  What a relief!

Jess runs for bacon

I read them too b/c I am always one of the last to post my runs!

I caught the DEATH FLU.  It came on fast and furious and I am throwing up like nobody's business.  I am suddenly really happy I'm not running this week.  The hubby JUST got home.  What a relief!

Sad Hope you feel better!!!

Scotty, sounds like a great cause. Make sure you have charged batteries for your camera!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Evening, Dailies!

Been working all day, didn't get a chance to post. Might try to check in tomorrow during the day if it isn't too busy.

Did 4 miles in the dark after work today, 9:29 pace. Wore my flashing red light on my hip, reflective ankle wraps, and a flashlight. Flashlight needs new batteries.

Anyway, hope everyone had a good day. I'll try to catch up on the reading after I get some food into the system.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Misty

Ugh Heidi- I hope it passes quickly Sad.

I had a crazy busy day but got 11 miles in. The meds I got from the dr yesterday seem to be helping Smile.

Oh, and lookie what was waiting for me when I got home from my run:

Misty

Bless your heart.

@runjerseygirl

Ugh Heidi- I hope it passes quickly Sad.

I had a crazy busy day but got 11 miles in. The meds I got from the dr yesterday seem to be helping Smile.

Oh, and lookie what was waiting for me when I got home from my run:

Oooh!  So pretty!

Do you even run?