Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Don't Own The Road, We Borrow It A Few Miles At A Time! (Read 174 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!!

Crazy week continues, still haven't gotten my run in today, it'll have to be this evening, just wanted to pop in and say hi. Smile

Mitch, we'll keep you in our thoughts, hope it's nothing.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I'll have to catch up on the posts after my Bud Light and nap, but got in 5.7@9:30 with DW, and 25 minutes of TM repeats (3min@9:00 and 2 min walk).  Weekend has started.

ZZZZzzzz....

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Evening everybody!  Did 5 on the TM last night and I will likely do the same tonight - so exciting!

Mitch - good luck with the procedure.  Like everybody else, I'm sure it's nothing but that's why you follow up with scans, so you don't miss anything.   Fingers crossed it's not terribly uncomfortable and even though I know you're fine, I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

Scotty - my sister lives in Austin (I'm in Philly) and if I ever get down there to visit her again, you and I will do a 5k together!!

Hope you all had a great day and tomorrow is FRIDAY!  Course I'm on call the weekend so it's not that exciting but Fridays are admissions committee day for me which I love.

From the Internet.

20 minutes on the bike done, and I was a bad girl and ran on the treadmill for a minute (literally 60 seconds). Just enough to get my fix and remember that I don't want to jeopardize my recovery by doing too much too soon - now back to the bike for the weekend!

hog4life

Thank you to all of you. It means so much to know there is an extended support group. Couple items of good happened after I posted this morning. I went out and did 9 miles, the 1st 1.25 miles of WU, I did some praying, and then some crying, and then some more praying, and then ran 6 miles at like an 8:25-8:40 pace. I felt amazing!

The second thing, after the run, I took the CT film to the pulmonoligist, the spot is golfball size and "appears" to be infection or fungus. This made me feel a bit better but I'm still nervous. The way he described it to me, was bc the cancer was so far down in the colon, and that it didn't affect any of the other organs or lymph nodes, that it was "unlikely" to be cancer in my lung. He also said that if this spot needs to be removed, it was not a very evasive surgery.

My biopsy is scheduled for next Wednesday. He said to keep running!

Just a quick shout out to Kristi and Tori, because you are in the medical profession, thank you Smile.      I think there are other nurses or techs but I can't remember at the moment.

Mitch

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Mitch - I'll keep you in my prayers, but in an optimistic manner.  I'm still hoping you can make it up to Indianapolis for the Monumental this year.

Hey Doc - Good to see you checking in again!

Dave - If you can't find time to run, it must be busy.  We all know you can get in 3 miles in the time it takes most of us to get dressed.

Scotty - I'm going to pass on that run.  I like a little compression when I run.

Jerry - Bud Light and a nap is great, but 10-12 Bud Lights and a good nights sleep is better.

Lauren - Watch yourself...lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Scotty definately thought you wereknocking about that bare buns race! Omg! Can't believe it's real! Too much bouncing!!! Are you going to *gulp* do your usual tons-of-photos race report!?!?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hoping for the best for you, Mitch.  Good luck next Wednesday !!!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Penguins...

I see a couple of familiar faces from over at RW, but Tori sent me the link to here the other night and I thought I would come on over since I am now able to start running again on a regular basis since I had pulled my hamstring.

I guess let me re-introduce myself......I am Jen, 43 mom of 2 with 3 bonus kids and 3 furbabies.  I quit smoking last February and decided to take up running as something to keep me from picking up that habit again.....so C25K I did, ran a few 5K's and got hooked and then started dealing with hamstring issues so after the last pull in October, I decided that I needed to just sit out running for a while and properly rehab.......and here I am!

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Mitch......I am very sorry to read about your news.  Healthy and healing vibes being sent your way.

Scottydawg......does this mean I get to read your pursuit of legs over here now? LOL

TORI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Did you sign up for RNR yet?

Jen

WELCOME JEN  !!!!   Looks like you are another future HM'er.  Lots of them here.    Big grin

His Slowness

Welcome Jen.

Mitch - I'll be praying that the doc is right.

Scotty - expecting one of your usual well documented race reports.

Good night Penguins.