Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES: It's Going to Be a Four-Cup Day (Read 49 times)

happylily

I doubt very much that many of us here eat completely healthy. Life wouldn't be fun if we lived it in a perfect way. The way I approach food is by asking myself: Have I eaten all the important elements of a nutritious diet today? If yes, have I burned enough calories through exercising that it's ok for me to eat a few cookies, or some fries, or have a glass or two of wine? If the answer is yes again, then I feel absolutely no guilt whatsoever. I was raised Catholic, but I'm done with guilt.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Smile what fun is being good when it is so much better to be a little naughty 

I doubt very much that many of us here eat completely healthy. Life wouldn't be fun if we lived it in a perfect way. The way I approach food is by asking myself: Have I eaten all the important elements of a nutritious diet today? If yes, have I burned enough calories through exercising that it's ok for me to eat a few cookies, or some fries, or have a glass or two of wine? If the answer is yes again, then I feel absolutely no guilt whatsever. I was raised Catholic, but I'm done with guilt.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Smile what fun is being good when it is so much better to be a little naughty 

Exactly! 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

I INTERRUPT THIS LOVE FEST TO ANNOUNCE THAT MY FEET HAVE GROWN!! 

Not sure what the hell is up with that but two pair of shoes arrived in the mail today size 11, same size and model as the ones I ordered last spring except now they are tighter than a frogs ass!   >:-/

happylily

I INTERRUPT THIS LOVE FEST TO ANNOUNCE THAT MY FEET HAVE GROWN!! 

Not sure what the hell is up with that but two pair of shoes arrived in the mail today size 11, same size and model as the ones I ordered last spring except now they are tighter than a frogs ass!   >:-/

Yep... it happens.  I heard that long feet are something to be desired on a man. (or is it "big" feet? Whatever...). However, on a woman, it's not so pretty. I've gone from a size 7 to a size 8.5...

LRB

I heard that long feet are something to be desired on a man...or is it "big" feet?

I thought it was long thumbs. 

Rick, my feet have grown, too. Running+wearing VFFs at work and when the ground outside isn't wet=going from size 7 in athletic shoes to size 8.

I ended up doing weights at the gym. (Yay, NextBus app, for letting me know how much later the next bus would arrive.) Ab work is done.

Good night.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Woo hoo......3 miles on the hamster wheel tonight & the last 1.5 pretty much done at my old pre-knee pace!!

I have to say that I was wondering if the lungs would hold up.  Still only a couple weeks back but happy.  I might even break 10 miles this week.  Then again, I might keep it below 10 for 1 more week just cuz.

P.S.  I've eaten Subway almost every day for the last 24 years. (weekends less so)  Friends of mine own a dozen franchises and believe me, you can do a lot worse than Subway for health.  They have a sandwich named after me called a "Randwich".  I can pretty much order it anywhere & they know what it is.  Sometimes even at franchises that aren't theirs.  (no joke) 

Randy

LRB

Woo hoo......3 miles on the hamster wheel tonight & the last 1.5 pretty much done at my old pre-knee pace!!

Just wait till you get outside, you're gonna fly like a bat outta hell...for that first half mile or so.  ;-)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thank you! My thoughts exactly 

LRB............ don't worry unless they keep growing.

Me, I am an 8.5 size

P.S.  I've eaten Subway almost every day for the last 24 years. (weekends less so)  Friends of mine own a dozen franchises and believe me, you can do a lot worse than Subway for health.  They have a sandwich named after me called a "Randwich".  I can pretty much order it anywhere & they know what it is.  Sometimes even at franchises that aren't theirs.  (no joke) 

PRs

happylily

A Randwich in Randy's honor? That is super cool!!!