Beginners and Beyond

It's ThursDailies! (Read 47 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

What kind of "grass", we talkin about man?  Maybe they were into farmer Chongs medical patch.

Haven't started legally growing that kind of grass in MD. Yet.

Cyberic

It would be wasted on me. I can't really eat much right after a marathon. I still regret my first marathon where they had cups of Culver's frozen custard at the end (some of you midwest people know all about that), but I couldn't bring myself to have any, since I was sort of having dry heaves at that point.

I don't even take the free beer after the Montreal marathon. I just slowly limp home. I drink water and that's it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I always take the beer mid race, doh.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Totally forgot, early in the run, passed someone wearing something like these:

I had to step out of the way, cause she was not about to share the sidewalk. 

Coastal

HC:  Maybe she didn't have enough control over those things?

No Culvers around here but stopped in one in Twin Falls, ID last summer.  GF's daughter loves Culvers from when she lived in the Midwest so we had to stop, have some, and send her pictures  . 

No more marathons

Totally forgot, early in the run, passed someone wearing something like these:

I had to step out of the way, cause she was not about to share the sidewalk. 

Those look just a little bit frightening. 

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

I'm convinced that the best beer I ever had was on the downside of heartbreak hill.

And it was a Bud Lite 

I would usually prefer creek water to a BL.

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

And the streak (if you can call it that) continues.

6 days - 4.1 miles today.

Started home after work - usually drive to the college a few miles from home and run there.

But traffic was so bad I turned around and ran what used to be my normal lunch time course - that was before I lost my work shower.  

He's a leaker!

Coastal

OFR:  Thanks for the link to the cool knee video.  I like the exercises. 

I've been using this site:  http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/knee-pain/jumpers-knee/strengthening-exercises-jumpers-knee 

RunningOnSand

I've always wondered about this. Maybe I'm too much of a light weight, but I think I'd catch a smal buzz even with a couple sips.

oldfartrunner

OFR:  Thanks for the link to the cool knee video.  I like the exercises. 

I've been using this site:  http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/knee-pain/jumpers-knee/strengthening-exercises-jumpers-knee 

Yeah, I've seen that sight and do the hip flexor stretch they recommend.  Actually "jumpers knee" is what did me in back in the day. Sad It would always get worse just when I was starting to get back into shape. I didn't put much stock in rehab back then, but I do now.  The steps ups seem to keep it at bay (knock on wood) , along with some single leg squat work-like in the video.

oldfartrunner

I've always wondered about this. Maybe I'm too much of a light weight, but I think I'd catch a smal buzz even with a couple sips.

Might help with the pain?

oldfartrunner

Those look just a little bit frightening. 

Yeah, and look like a trip to the ER just waiting to happen.

Nice 4er.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I would need more than 1oz of beer to get a buzz.  Like a case?

It rained for 30 minutes here and we almost went under.  Oh, Miami:

Damaris

oldfartrunner

That's crazy Damaris!  Keep the TP & paper towels up high.