Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy SunDAILIES :) (Read 42 times)

delicate flower

Hola.  Like Oski said, I rode 75 miles today at the BikeMS ride.  I did the 50 mile route at a good steady effort, then did the 25 mile route nice and easy.  Then I ran the two mile route.  Since I have a duathlon in six weeks I figured I'd take advantage of the brick opportunity.  All in all it was a great day.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hola.  Like Oski said, I rode 75 miles today at the BikeMS ride.  I did the 50 mile route at a good steady effort, then did the 25 mile route nice and easy.  Then I ran the two mile route.  Since I have a duathlon in six weeks I figured I'd take advantage of the brick opportunity.  All in all it was a great day.

Saw your double selfies!  Like.

Damaris

B-Plus

What up? I'm in Ottawa!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What up? I'm in Ottawa!

Enjoy!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Maybe for you, but not for me. My winter weather is 35 below and sometimes below 0, and I have to acclimate to our summer and our winter each time. If the weather hardly changed, that would be great and I don't care which season it would stay.

Not to mention I am still dealing with other life issues.... and running gives you time to let your thoughts drive you crazy.

But that's Winter weather! 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Yawn:

Vdot went fine, only 2.8 miles total with 1 mile warm-up, but mileage wasn't the point.  As was last time you get towards the end and man is it tough.

First time through (last August) I managed to crater at 3.5% slope and 6 min mile (10 speed - max speed on the t-mill).  This time, I cratered at 6% slope and 6 min mile.  (Calibrated t-mill).  So, much stronger than before but again, it is not about speed or angle but oxygen in. So in a day or so I will get the results and plan and see if I have improved (and how much) over last year.

Hip Redux

Yawn:

Vdot went fine, only 2.8 miles total with 1 mile warm-up, but mileage wasn't the point.  As was last time you get towards the end and man is it tough.

First time through (last August) I managed to crater at 3.5% slope and 6 min mile (10 speed - max speed on the t-mill).  This time, I cratered at 6% slope and 6 min mile.  (Calibrated t-mill).  So, much stronger than before but again, it is not about speed or angle but oxygen in. So in a day or so I will get the results and plan and see if I have improved (and how much) over last year.

So this was an actual vdot test?  Is there a company that does this?  Neat stuff.

Just B.S.

What up? I'm in Ottawa!

My favorite city! If you see an extraordinarily handsome 6'4" 24 yr old  young man with earrings

that would be my boy!  Enjoy the city.

Long day for us. The run was 10 instead of six, got home to shower then immediately left for the 45 minute

drive to FIL place where we spent over 6 hours mowing, mulching etc. They have 60 acres and 2 of it is lawn. Sad

Happy to do it and be there for family when we are needed but exhausted tonight.  Pool at 6:30 tomorrow so I

think I will go to bed now. Smile

B-Plus

My favorite city! If you see an extraordinarily handsome 6'4" 24 yr old  young man with earrings

that would be my boy!  Enjoy the city.

Long day for us. The run was 10 instead of six, got home to shower then immediately left for the 45 minute

drive to FIL place where we spent over 6 hours mowing, mulching etc. They have 60 acres and 2 of it is lawn. Sad

Happy to do it and be there for family when we are needed but exhausted tonight.

I'll keep my eye out for him. Before this week is up, I need to run to lily's province.

I just wish my trip was a week earlier to coincide with the Ottawa Race Weekend.

LRB

So this was an actual vdot test?  Is there a company that does this?  Neat stuff.

+1

Were you running in a mask all looking like the bionic man and stuff?

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Yeah actual test, there are quite a few around, mostly with sports medicine facilities or Universities. My coach's company also tests, the secondary coach actual profession and discipline (and tests for Doc office patients), so it is a very nice set-up.

Plan and weekly workouts (in addition/ substitution for plan) are specific for athletes weaknesses.

Just B.S.

I'll keep my eye out for him. Before this week is up, I need to run to lily's province.

I just wish my trip was a week earlier to coincide with the Ottawa Race Weekend.

We did the race last year. They just do it so well in Ottawa. Love running along the canal

and coming back across the bridge and seeing the views of the Parliament buildings is

just so wonderful. We are planning on running it again next year. 

So we will see you and Lily there Smile

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

+1

Were you running in a mask all looking like the bionic man and stuff?

Damn skippy... breathing like Vader.  "Luke I am your *gasp gasp* breath mofo breath!"

LRB

Damn skippy... breathing like Vader.  "Luke I am your *gasp gasp* breath mofo breath!"

It will be interesting to see how close the results are to the Daniels charts, which are the industry standard for assigning vdot values.

B-Plus

We did the race last year. They just do it so well in Ottawa. Love running along the canal

and coming back across the bridge and seeing the views of the Parliament buildings is

just so wonderful. We are planning on running it again next year. 

So we will see you and Lily there Smile

Are you both committed? Does Lily know yet? I might even be able to justify traveling out here for the 10k just cuz they stack the field so heavily. The marathon is definitely on my to-do list though.