Beginners and Beyond

Dailies: The MONDAY Edition. (Read 41 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, his family seems to just have overly sensitive immune systems... at least skin wise and I have to be careful on what kind of detergent I get. I told him if the swelling hasn't gone down by tomorrow morning he is going and getting  cortisone shot in his ass, or if it starts to get worse between now and the morning then he is going. I normally become immune to the crap after getting into it so much, but  not his family. His brother is scared of wasps because he is severely allergic to them.

Get him to the DR - I had some poison ivy one time. Thought I was manly and waited 3 days for treatment. Finally went to the emergency room (walk-in, or rather, limp-in) and got a cortisone shot. If he's highly allergic, Poison Ivy really sucks. If it was just a little spot, I'd say maybe let it run its course. But if he's got a lot of it, he needs relief.

PS - mine was on both legs, below the knees. But despite my best wrapping efforts with gauze, they kept oozing and oozing. And, they swelled up so much that it hurt a LOT to just stand up and start walking.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Oski, yay for an almost-behaving back! And thanks for starting today's thread.

SUSchnauzer, wonderful seeinv you here. Bravo on the mileage.

Phil, I hope that the seven went well.

AprilRunner, congratulations on to marathon!

scottydawg, another race done. How do you do so many?!?

Andy, excellent eight.

Zelanie, did the Cortanas arrive?

Yikes, FreeSoul87, if he has that much coverage, take him to the ER!

jjs22, I'm glad that you feel OK. Great job doubling.

Marjorie, brava on the 10.5. Who are the juvenile adults?

c0derunner, you are a beast.

lilac_jive, great intervals.

Tom, I hope that you've been enjoying your SRD.

granite_running, fantastic four recovery miles.

Damaris, terrific ten.

TapERie, sleep well.

Weights, push-ups, ab work, and forty-five minutes on the AMT with incline and resistance each at the max.

I'm done.

April, I ditto the advice to move. I found that walking three miles the evening after doing a marathon and six miles the following morning after it were greatly helpful in alleviating the soreness.

B-Plus

I didn't have a chance to read through the thread, as today was just really dumb. The only saving grace was that I went for a run after work.

10 miles @ 8:16 w/ 8 strides