Beginners and Beyond

And Then There Were MonDAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

I'd have had a pair of socks on my hands! That's too cold for no gloves, at least for the first mile or two.

I could not run in that at all without gloves, and a good two pair at that. Three if they were the cheapo kind.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

When they said it was going to be a warm day, they did not say it was going to be hot as hell and humid as fuck.

Damaris

LRB

Rest day for me.

Not cold, but freaking windy outside with 30 mph gusts of wind at some points. Fun, fun Smile

Those winds are heading my way, to the point that there is a wind advisory beginning at 2:00 and going until 10:00 pm tonight.  I may need to buckle the chinstrap on my hairpiece for reals.

Scotty I have just about had it with sports talk radio today, people are acting as if the world is coming to an end. It's bad enough the home team lost but the ensuing finger pointing and vitriol is worse.

Lauren I was pleasantly surprised at how well my body adapted to running everyday once I got myself into running everyday shape.  Which took about two years of figuring out the right shoes, muscle imbalances, flexibility issues and all that jazz.

'Sup Cy, JK, DP, BP and BBB!

Hi Step, D and J!

Baboon

delicate flower

I'll tell you what's up:  I don't understand why people have "suuuuuch a hard time" walking up and down stairs the day after a marathon.  I'm doing stairs just fine.  Sure my legs hurt, especially my calves for some reason (wtf), but the stairs are not proving to be the angry beast of an obstacle that marathoners make them out to be.  That, and I am thinking about the double chocolate chip cookie I brought into work....

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Those winds are heading my way, to the point that there is a wind advisory beginning at 2:00 and going until 10:00 pm tonight.  I may need to buckle the chinstrap on my hairpiece for reals.

Scotty I have just about had it with sports talk radio today, people are acting as if the world is coming to an end. It's bad enough the home team lost but the ensuing finger pointing and vitriol is worse.

Lauren I was pleasantly surprised at how well my body adapted to running everyday once I got myself into running everyday shape.  Which took about two years of figuring out the right shoes, muscle imbalances, flexibility issues and all that jazz.

Hi Step, D and J!

Lol it was insane. Ain't gonna catch me out in the woods on such windy days.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll tell you what's up:  I don't understand why people have "suuuuuch a hard time" walking up and down stairs the day after a marathon.  I'm doing stairs just fine.  Sure my legs hurt, especially my calves for some reason (wtf), but the stairs are not proving to be the angry beast of an obstacle that marathoners make them out to be.  That, and I am thinking about the double chocolate chip cookie I brought into work....

Stairs weren't really a problem for me either.

Would you be angry if somebody took your cookie?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Baboon

delicate flower

Stairs weren't really a problem for me either.

Would you be angry if somebody took your cookie?

I would be pissed as all hell if somebody took my cookie.    But it's still there, calling to me...

<3

LRB

Talk to me tomorrow about that once DOMS fully sets in. If it does it will be going down the stairs that gives you fits not necessarily going up them.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Talk to me tomorrow about that once DOMS fully sets in. If it does it will be going down the stairs that gives you fits not necessarily going up them.

LOL.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I would be pissed as all hell if somebody took my cookie.    But it's still there, calling to me...

Lol, a chocolate chip cookie sounds really good... now I want one.

PRs

LRB

Lol, a chocolate chip cookie sounds really good... now I want one.

You can have mine, I am threw with it all through the end of the year.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My normal rest day Monday

Marjorie

From the Internet.

I think I'm broken. And by broken, I mean I'm not broken yet so something must be terribly wrong. Check out my last 7 days! 

LRB

I think I'm broken. And by broken, I mean I'm not broken yet so something must be terribly wrong. Check out my last 7 days! 

Well remember the old saying from last week; if it ain't broke, break it. lol

From the Internet.

Well remember the old saying from last week; if it ain't broke, break it. lol

Lol! I'm gonna try not to break it (calves or shins or feet or any of that) this time, that hasn't gone well for me in the past.