Beginners and Beyond

Frying Pan Friday Penguins. (Read 23 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Must be nice to be able to sleep with the windows open, HsM!  If we tried that here, we'd have coming into our windows mosquitoes...flies...burglars...

I pity the fool who tries to break into our house with Dusty on guard!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

13.2 @ 2:33 including about .5m walking at streets and pOp stops.  Very sore last few miles and could barely keep up a 12:00 pace At the end.  Might have to try more walking next time.  Icing the knees now and not much else planned for the rest of today.

Have a great weekend !!!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

13.2 @ 2:33 including about .5m walking at streets and pOp stops.  Very sore last few miles and could barely keep up a 12:00 pace At the end.  Might have to try more walking next time.  Icing the knees now and not much else planned for the rest of today.

Have a great weekend !!!!

Jerry, you just don't want to admit you're getting old.     Let's face it, it comes to all of us at some point in our running lives, earlier for some of us, later for some of us.  WHEN it will happen, you just don't now, each of us is different, with our own unique medical histories, injury histories, etc.    You might just have to go to the run/walk method like I had to when I could not run 'non-stop' anymore.....just too dang hard on my back now without the walk breaks.  And it's not the end of the world. I'm still enjoying being out there doing what running I can do.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry, you just don't want to admit you're getting old.     Let's face it, it comes to all of us at some point in our running lives, earlier for some of us, later for some of us.  WHEN it will happen, you just don't now, each of us is different, with our own unique medical histories, injury histories, etc.    You might just have to go to the run/walk method like I had to when I could not run 'non-stop' anymore.....just too dang hard on my back now without the walk breaks.  And it's not the end of the world. I'm still enjoying being out there doing what running I can do.

Hmmm, that might explain why my mailbox is filled with so much Medicare enrollment forms.

GinnyinPA

Only one run this week - around the campground at Colter Bay at Grand Teton NP.  As little running as I've done lately, it was hard.  We just got back from an overnight backpack trip into the Wind River Range in Wyoming.  It's one of my favorite places, as it's incredibly beautiful, but it is much too popular. We must have seen 50 - 100 people a day. We intended to go farther, but Jim's legs gave him a lot of trouble and we had to bail because he could barely walk.  I don't think we'll be doing much real hiking in the next week or two. Hopefully, I'll get some running in.